The End, As Stated In The Storybooks

Author's POV

Everyone. They've all been befriended, met, and all in general, this story should be over.

But of course, what author would leave a book at such a dissatisfying end?

So, after everything that has happened over the years. The lessons, the experiences, the new faces, everything. They know what they need to, and they'll venture out into the world with that knowledge.

Or so that's what the people who assume that fan fictions end like fairytales think.

No, things end in a more complicated manner. Nothing will ever be good. The princess or prince may get tired of their spouse. Disagreements occur, characters change. The way you see things the first time won't always stay with that thing until the end. See it as a chemical change. Setting fire to wood. It will become ashes of what it used to be.

Simple.

So, so, simple. It isn't to hard to understand. But fictional characters have it their way, and we have it in ours. One human trait, a trait that will be passed down for generations to come? 

Is stubbornness. What comes with stubbornness, is the sense that things must be difficult.

So, here I am. I'll continue to create this story 'till the very end. I swear.

-

Libraries aren't quiet anymore.

Libraries are loud. What happened to 'silence in the library'? Did that go to Tartarus like everyone's common sense?

I'd stop it...but it's not like I have the voice to. I'm a pathetic excuse for a human being. I'm too scared to do anything, and too stupid to understand.

Shuichi Saihara...that name puts a bitter taste on my tongue. It's my name. It's a name that I should supposedly love as much as I love myself.

Sure, I love myself. Bits of self love surface from time to time, but my name? Please, don't get me started on it. Shuichi, meaning 'first son', in my eyes. In my head, it means successor. Unwilling successor. 

Saihara, the meaning being an outstanding part of a field. That's a lie, though. I blend in, I don't stick out.

Danganronpa 52 is coming out now. Rantaro is gone, and his boyfriends, Kaito and Korekiyo, are worried half to death. Me, Maki, and Kokichi know that he's going to survive. In the past, he may have been a clingy little boy, but now, he was a matured teenager, already capable of what most adults aren't.

Now, here he was, on a TV screen, venturing with no memory of where he is, and how he got to the school. As Rantaro Amami, the Ultimate Adventurer.

"Kokichi? Do you think Rantaro is gonna make it?" Is asked, as he flipped through a few Sherlock Holmes books for me.

He was checking to make sure that I hadn't already read them yet, and I never asked him to, but he's a great boyfriend, so what did I expect?

"Mh. I think he will make it. Though, I'm really just going off of how I used to know him. He' a new person now. I don't know him anymore." Kokichi said, passing 4 out of the 11 books he had picked up.

You read every other book except these 4." Kokichi said, sitting down next to me.

"Thanks, Kokichi." I smiled.

Maki wasn't in the library with us. Since it was lunch time, she went to get some food, but me and Kokichi have terrible eating habits, and we always skip lunch. We eat dinner, anyways.

I looked back up at the screen, just to see a girl whose name I didn't bother to remember pushed Rantaro down to the ground. She was taller than him, and clearly had more muscle, so I was kind of hoping that another Mondo punching Makoto scene didn't occur again.

She just walked away with a glare, thankfully, as one of the other male contestants helped him up. It was then I realized, that everyone there was taller than Rantaro. Rantaro, sadly, hadn't hit his growth spurt just yet, so he was still a sad, sad 5'5. Everyone else was 5'6 and taller, The only other person who was also 5'5, was actually 5'5 and a half.

I chuckled at the sight, and Kokichi shared the sentiment for a short bit.

We continued watching DR until the school bell rang, and we reluctantly headed back to our separate classrooms.

That is...if you could call them classrooms...

The teachers just sat there, watching Danganronpa, along with the students. Hell, we could skip class, but the librarian closes the library while he blasts Danganronpa music in there until free periods, so there was no where to go.

Nowhere. This is how messed up the world is. I hate it. My discord friends are honestly the only reason why I stay.

Why I stay...

Why...

Why do I stay...?

———————————————

786 words

Only a few more chapters! 

Why the hell...

DID I MAKE YA'LL WAIT A WEEK FOR THIS CHAPTER-

WAIT IT'S BEEN MORE THAN A WEEK

WOW I'M JUST SLOW