Breaking Through(Ingame and Pregame)

Ingame Shuichi's POV

A vending machine, specifically selling carbonated drinks. The most empty section was a section that read "Panta". Ouma-kun never liked the drink itself, but enjoyed how close it looked to his hair color. He always complained whenever Tsumugi wrote fanfics about us in the killing game, noting the fact that Tsumugi never cared to talk to him enough to realize that he only liked the purple shade, and not the disgustingly sugary drink.

I re-read the note, to make sure I hadn't gotten anything wrong.

"I may be dead, but I'll always have someone to help me alive."

With no context, the words would simply sound illiterate, but I shook those mere thoughts out of my head.

Ouma-kun isn't stupid. He's well put together, and a little too much of everything for his own good, but he was never stupid.

"Left to Right."

while studying many different languages, I only ever remembered English, one of the more simplistic languages to write down. It went from left to right.

On the vending machine, instead of numbers, there were letters, and 9 buttons in total, all lined up.

i p n r g e a g  m a e m e

"...Left...to...right...left...to...right..." I muttered slowly, ghosting my fingers upon the letters, all in different fonts.

First, I typed out: i-n-g-a-m-e

Next, I typed out: p-r-e-g-a-m-e

The vending machine slowly slid to the left once, and just as I saw a dark, empty opening, it slid to the right.

I was confused at first, until it broke into strips, and started swaying around, clearly a trick planned by Ouma-kun.

I broke into a smile, and giggled a bit, before grabbing a baseball bat beside me, and smashing the annoying machine into pieces.

Oh. I forgot I brought a baseball bat with me. Pregame instances, I suppose.

I walked through the broken glass, smiling lightly. My baseball bat had the patterns of solars systems and stars, reminding me of Kaito, and also reminding me of Maki, as she was pretty violent.

I stepped into the dark hallway, humming my way through an anxiety that was eating me up slowly, until I saw a door with neon LED lights framing it.I opened to door slowly, peeking behind it.

I was pulled through immediately, before I could even breathe in horror.

That was where I forgot everything else.

-

When I woke up, I saw Ouma-kun. 

Maybe I'm dead.

Then, I shook my head violently, slowly sitting up.

"Saihara-chan! I was wondering when you'd get my message, y'know?" Kokichi pouted.

"Ouma-kun...? You look smaller..." I murmured.

"No duh! Look Shumai, I really don't have much time, and it's 3 in the morning, so let's please make this quick." Kokichi pleaded with me.

That wasn't normal. Ouma-kun pleading someone was not normal. I sat up, and stared at him, not in the eyes, but anywhere that wasn't.

"Ouma-kun, please explain everything. I won't stop you." I said with as much confidence I could muster.