Chpt.17.5: My Forever Piece.

.-~*❤︎︎♡︎♥︎♡︎❤︎︎*~-.

It all began with the heartbreaking information given to me by my father. Even then, I figured out something was missing.

//

"What is it daddykins?! You know I'm occupied at school, this better be important!" The blonde girl rebuked harshly, which undoubtedly showed how very annoyed she was. Chloe only ever calls her daddy whenever she yearns for something, something expensive, but her dad never calls her so it was a first, and it truly irritated his daughter. "Well, Chloe darling it's extremely important! I'm sorry I know you're at school but you must know this. You see, we've received over a million dollars and-"
"Now isn't that just fantastic! But I still don't see why you had to call me! Out of all the-"
"Chloe! Just listen to me for just this once." Chloe was agape, agape from her daddy talking back to her, and even dared to stand up to his own bratty daughter, so Chloe remained silent and let her father continue.

"Chloe dear, we've received this 1 million dollars from your mother. The issue is... she didn't just deliver it to us. She-... She passed away, recently."

Andre wept attempting his hardest to keep his composure together. At that moment, Chloe's world shattered. Her own mother? Passing away? The blonde's vision grew all hazy and blurry, her body and face became hot as her mouth quivered, trying its best to stay input. She hung up the call not wanting to be embarrassed by her soon-to-be quavering voice. She rested her back against the school's wall, gazing at the floor as her tears raced down her cheeks.
Chloe began sobbing and whimpering, trying to prevent from a lot of noises coming out of her mouth. She shut her eyes making an effort to calm herself down but with everything she does she continues to break down. How? Why? When? This is what Chloe wanted to be answered but she hung up, just to not be embarrassed. She spent a few minutes trying to cry quietly but as it seemed to someone, it wasn't working.

"Chloe?"
"Huh?"

When that someone spoke her name, Chloe's head shot up sharply and looked at who called her, her eyes widening at the presence of her enemy, Marinette. She acted quickly and wiped her tears trying her best to not smudge her makeup. "What do you want Dupain-Cheng?" Chloe asked abruptly as her voice sounded like her nose was stuffed. "Chloe cut the act I saw you were crying," Marinette stated seriously. Chloe gazed for a second then shook her head roughly and glared at her afterward, "How stupid of you to assume I was crying! Miss Bourgeois never cries!" Chloe snapped stopping away angrily.

Why did you dismiss your feelings?

\\

...

In a time where I felt vulnerable and full of agony with an overwhelming emotion of grief, I would've never guessed someone as sweet and gentle as Marinette would come to my comfort, someone that I bullied for years. I've never understood why she chose to come to my rescue, and I never will. How could someone that was being bullied ever forgive their bully? Their bully could've caused them such pain that can occur such threatening thoughts.
Guilt has not ever crossed paths with me, not even a peak. But now it's overloading my path, it's overwhelming me terribly, taunting me at my actions. Those regrets stab me in the heart, already knowing that I've finally realized it. Realized her. After all this time.
I've finally discovered it all.
And I wonder why, why I did those things. Dismissing how I'm hurting others. It all led me to guilt, my new best friend. I never knew why I even bullied her and others in the first place, because just now I'm realizing all of my reckless actions and I feel just awful for all of it. I want to apologize but those people, I assume, will never forgive me. But that makes sense.
What doesn't make sense is how Marinette can support me during my darkest times even if I just caused more pain whenever she was in her darkest times. If you put two and two together, it will never make sense. And I regret it tremendously, bullying her for all those years. Bullying everyone. And yet I still did it and I cannot find the reason why I did it. Was it for my own selfishness? But that wouldn't make sense either. Nothing makes sense, it's so confusing it's haunting me.