003

(A/N: OH GOSH I DIDN'T EXPECT THIS STORY TO ACTUALLY GET ATTENTION <333)

ENDURE.

The morning came by quickly. It was like usual. You got up to the sound of your phone's alarm. It was a tune everyone knew. Haydn's trumpet concerto in e flat major. You quickly set it to snooze, squeezing your eyes closed once more, the small leak of sunlight creeping in through the small, narrow window by the upper region of your wall. Pulling the blanket back over your bedhead, you felt yourself slowly drift back to sleep. That was until the neighbors began to shout and throw platters, or glass. It was hardly five. As early as 4am. Letting out a small grumble of frustration, you sat up from the futon on your creaky, wood plank floor and stretched with the little space you had.

It was your typical morning. You took a shower before anything else. Turning the slightly rusted knob, you allowed the cold shower water to hit your bare skin. Hot water wasn't available here. You'd learned to endure it, but you still felt that unbearable numbing on your skin. Getting out of the shower, a towel around your body, you quickly got dressed in your typical white button up shirt, black slacks, and black blazer, the sleeves usually rolled up. You then quickly mixed yourself an instant coffee in a paper cup, the smell of the sweet yet bitter beverage bringing you at ease. Your hair was basically dry by now, the weather doing the job for you. With that, you grabbed your wallet, phone, keys, and coffee, managing to fit the first two in your pockets and the coffee in your hand. Your keys were on a lanyard you kept around your neck. It was so much easier to keep track of.

You took the creaky, groaning elevator down, walked the shady, nearly empty streets from your apartment to the city, and hopped on the subway. It was often like this. You'd have to deal with catcallers every now and then, but you were L/N Y/N. You could endure just about anything and everything in your way. Standing in the train, coffee in one hand and grip handle in the other, you took a sip, sighing. It didn't seem to do much in regards to energizing you, but it was tasty. Raising the paper cup to take another sip, a drunk ran straight into you, causing your coffee to splatter all over your shirt. The crowd around you now eyed you, concerned gasps and murmurs flooding the train. You didn't seem to mind, however. Your expression remained calm and collected, not saying anything to the man. Drunks? At 4 in the morning? That's how things were for little old you. All you ever did in life was endure.

When you were in highschool, you liked someone, but your best friend, knowing you liked him, one day suddenly admitted to liking him, and asked for your permission to ask him out. Clearly, by the look on her face, it was apparent she wasn't planning on taking a no for an answer. You didn't mind. They dated for 3 months. After that, he never spoke to you again. You didn't mind, however.

Sighing, you stepped off the bus, throwing away the now empty cup in a trash can by the subway entrance. You would just have to go to work like this. A big, light brown splatter coating the breast of your shirt. You were sure Mr. Shin would understand.

He docked your pay.

Standing before his desk watching him as he held his credit card in his hand, anxiously watching his computer screen, you waited patiently for his attention. Once he glanced at you and gave you a half-assed nod of permission, you explained your situation in an elderly fashion.
"Well, you can borrow one of my shirts! Feel free to change right in front of me."
Your boss would wheeze, puffing his cigarette as you knitted your brows slightly.
"All jokes, Y/N! All jokes! I'd never make cute little, poor Y/N do something like that."
He'd laugh. The way he spoke about you always made you uncomfortable. But you got a high position in the office through enduring his remarks. You planned on doing so for ever and on. They were just words, anyways.
"No thank you. I'll stay like this."
You'd say with a very subtle tone of disgust, doing all you could to hold back a look of discomfort. Instead, you quickly left the room and headed to your cubicle, sitting down at your dreaded, creaky, old chair.

You sat there for a while, typing away almost robotically in front of the box-monitor computer, hearing a yawn from your colleagues ever now and then. Finishing a report on the company's stocks, your eyes flickered across the room before falling on the round, black clock hanging on the center of the wall in front of you. Six o' clock. It was almost time. You got out of your seat and walked towards the old, beat up printer which made a concerning rumbling noise when it printed. You stapled the report, slide it nearly into a folder, and walked to your boss's office.

"Sajangnim. I finished my report. Do you mind if I leave early today? You can take it off my pay."
You'd attempt to convince the man who likely wasn't paying any attention to you. After a minute or so of no response, you cleared your throat, knocking on the surface of his polished hickory desk. It was much nicer compared to the cheap tables used in the employees' cubicles. He flinched in response, turning to you with a dazed look.
"Huh? Oh, sure, whatever."
He'd shrug, turning back to the computer screen as you bowed, placing the folder on his desk before walking out of the office. By the looks of it, you'd get scolded tomorrow for leaving early 'without permission'. He hardly paid mind to things after all.

The walk to the subway was quiet and smooth. When you arrived, you had made it just in time for the train, stepping inside and grabbing a handle. The seats were always full. In this route, at least.
Standing on the train, coffee stain dried by now, you began to space out until a firm, strong hand had been placed on your shoulder.
You turned around to see a very familiar looking man with tanned skin, a wide nose, large eyes, and slightly outgrown hair. His cheeks were flushed.

Staring at him for a moment, he looked you in the eyes momentarily.

Just another drunk. There were hundreds of them at this hour. Usually construction workers. Koreans just loved their soju. He was clearly intoxicated after a day of hard labor. Grimacing, you nudged his hand off.
"Hey, ippuni. You wanna get a drink with me? Ai, cham! You know, I'm a hard working man who needs a little fun sometimes. It makes me feel young."
He'd slur on as you shot him a small glare, narrowing your eyes. Serious, intimidating Y/N. You were always known to be unapproachable. Your boss even told you at times that you'd be so beautiful if you didn't shoot nasty glares with your piercing eyes.
"Ajeossi. You're drunk. Please leave me alone."
You'd scowl, the man stumbling back.
"Tch. Whatever."
He'd walk off, hands in his windbreaker pockets as he stumbled off. You sighed and stepped off the train once the doors had opened. The hour dangerous, you quickly scurried home, or at least what you were to call home.
It was all the same.
Go up the creaky elevator, open your barely functional door, hear the neighbors fighting, eat if you had anything to eat.

You took off your work uniform and changed into a pair of beat up, white sneakers, some sweatpants, a loose, long sleeved shirt with stripes, and an oversized windbreaker jacket. These were basically some of the few clothes you owned. Taking the card and your phone, you left your house, locking the door, repeat.

You'd finally made it to the negotiated spot. It was oddly shady. Were you getting kidnapped? Oh well.

Once it hit exactly 8:00, a distant, approaching rumbling could be heard to your left. Turning to see what it was, you could spot a black van driving towards your direction. It soon came to a stop, the window in the passenger seat rolling down. A man in a black mask with a white circle and red jumpsuit was driving the car. Face slowly sinking into a look of utter confusion, he faced you quietly.
"Password."
He would order.
"Mugunghwa kkochi piyeotseumnida."
You'd reply, a hesitant silence following. The door of the van then slid open to which you stepped inside, slightly alarmed by the sight of several other people who were asleep. At least you hoped so.

The van had taken off, and suddenly, the car was engulfed with a white smoke, pervading the air. You felt your vision go fuzzy, struggling to keep your eyes open before you blacked out.

(A/N: felt like Minyeo smoking in the bathroom trying to write this in the bathroom stall at school lolol)

Index:
Sajangnim - Boss, Sir

Ippuni - Cutie

Ai, cham! - Sheesh! Jeez!

Ajeossi - Mister, Old man

Mugunghwa kkochi piyeotseumnida - Rose of Sharon/Common Hibiscus (Korea's national flower) has bloomed