Chapter 1- Picking up the Pieces

Thunder clashed from outside the pizzeria, the rain hitting the roof without mercy. Freddy rolled over in his sleep, trying to ward off the dark dreams he had trouble with. They seemed real, so real he could touch them, but he know they were fake. The things he saw in them, people he saw, he knew it wasn't real. It was just taunting him.

Everything was dark around him, and he stood in the middle of the air, seemingly standing on nothing. Apparitions were all around him, making him look all around himself. If he squinted hard enough, he could make out one or two of them, each one making him even more anxious than the last. Rarely, they would speak to him, their breath catching words chilling his endoskeleton spine.

This night was different, however. There were only 6 this time, and they all stood perfectly still. Freddy felt like he needed to see them close up, each of them. The first one he approached made him shiver. It was was a little boy; he was a bit large and he had brown hair. He reminded him of someone, but Freddy wasn't sure. Even more strange, the boy had ball and chains around his ankles.

The next one, a little girl, had bright blonde hair, and bright pink eyes, shining through the mist that surrounded her faintly.She, like the other boy, had clamps around her ankles.Unlike the other child, though, she had tears streaming down her face. She also seemed familiar, but that part of his memory was very foggy. The next one was a redheaded child, and as Freddy suspected, he had clamps around his ankles. He stared at the blonde girl, tears running down his face as well.

Something on the boy's face caught Freddy's eye, however. His glasses. He had seen them before. "R-Reynard?" Freddy caught himself saying unintentionally. The boy looked at him, like he had only just then saw him standing in front of him. His gaze faltered, however, and he looked back over at the girl. "That... that must be Charlie... and the other boy... that must be Me..." he said, feeling his lungs struggle to take in air.

The next one was stranger-er than the other three, however. He was an adult, not a child like the previous ones. He had striking green eyes, and they looked around at the circle of apparitions with utter terror, like they might try to rip him apart at anytime. He also had clamps around his legs, and he swayed back and forth slowly as if he had trouble standing.

The next child, like the adult, was new to him. He had never seen her before. She had very curly brown hair, that fell in waves down her face. She was much younger than the other children, and she seemed extremely sad, tears also running down her face. The most striking feature, however, was the blood running down from her forehead. A large misty puddle collected it all on the ground around her clamps. Freddy moved away from her quickly, out of fear.

The last child was completely different from the other ones. He did not have clamps around his ankles. He sat down on the ground, hugging is knees. He stared at the other children, and he was crying like the other ones as well. Freddy realized finally that it was Ben. "Ben! Ben! Look at me!" Freddy cried, reaching out to him.

Very slowly, everything began to fade, and Freddy once again found himself in the Parts and service room, with all the other animatronics. He grimly stood up, cracking his endoskeleton back into it's proper position. It was over a week since the incident, and the pizzeria had not opened back up since management found all the broken animatronics and heard about Jeremy. To all their displeasure, the only suitable blame to be placed landed upon Jessi. While she was distraught about the death of her brother and parents, she managed to get only a few weeks of jail time from the judge, whom pitied her. She also, since she no longer had enough money to pay the pizzeria back, had to work there once she was realized.

Nothing was so simple for the animatronics, however. Word of the deaths there sprang back up, and Mangle even heard the manager say "..it might not be possible to pick this place back up, it's in too many pieces..."

This worried the animatronics. If they get trashed, what happens to them? It scared them beyond all they could think.

Freddy woke the others, and he discussed his dream. He mentioned Ben. "Do you think it was really him?" he asked them.

"Well... I don't know... this dream though... do you know what it might mean?" Chica asked.

Foxy nodded slightly "Well, I be thinkin that the clamps clearly mean we're stuck, and the fact that Ben didn't have any means that he's free... but why would he still stay? For us? Because we're still here?"

"That makes since. He's been with us for so long, why would he just leave us before we do." Freddy admitted.

Chica sighed. This was very strange to her, and she didn't know what to think. She want's to find out more about what was happening to them, why were they still stuck? Their master was dead, so why would they still be linked? She just wanted to be free, not linked to this personal hell that she was forced to live out her days in. "This is a lot to take in guys, lets go get some pizza first, i'm starving."