𝟓𝟔. ✭ 𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐘 ✭

I roll onto my back with a hearty groan of a noise as I stretch out my limbs. I look over to my right where Dani is still soundly sleeping. When I look beyond her I don't see the other man that'd fallen asleep in the bed with us last night.

Last night...

My mind goes over all of the things that we had done which has me letting out a deep breath. We had showered. Had more sex in the shower. Then we'd all fallen asleep. I had debated sleeping with the two of them but the look on Dani's face had been a plea. She wanted me there with them in their bed. So I had stayed. It was partially for her and partially for myself. I didn't want Brooks to be the only one in the bed basking in the glow of post coital bliss and the deep sleep that it brings. I wanted her with me as well and I wasn't going to be cast out like some third wheel on the sex tricycle.

The smell of a home-cooked breakfast has my stomach growling. I roll over to Dani, wanting to wake her up but she looks so peaceful. She's lying on her stomach, arm underneath her pillow, snoring lightly. I place a swift kiss in her hair before rolling off the bed. I look around for clothing and then remember I'd come up here in just a towel. Once I spy the towel on the ground I snatch it and tie it around my waist before heading out of the room. I quickly make my way down the stairs and at the bottom am met with Brooks in the kitchen, listening to soft jazz music while cooking.

I cock a brow, leaning against the wall across from him as I watch him work. He's super focused on whatever he's making, reminding me of when my father would cook the family a fancy breakfast on Sunday mornings. Whatever Brooks is making requires him to be whisking a sauce, looking hyper-focused.

"Are you going to say anything or are you just going to stand there and stare at me?" He pipes up while continuously whisking. I hadn't thought he even realized I was watching him. "Breakfast is almost ready." He looks over to me with a broad smile. "Might want to put some clothes on and wake Dani, if you don't mind."

I walk into the kitchen area where I see strips of some kind of thinly cut smoked meat. "I'm so fucking hungry I think I could eat five cows." I reach our for a piece of whatever cured meat that is and he swats my hand before going back to doing what he'd been doing previously. "Hey! I'm hungry. Cut me some slack and let me have some." Starving, actually. A night filled with hot sex will do that to a person.

"I had a feeling we would all be which is why I made a proper breakfast but you'll have to wait until it's all prepared. Now go put some clothes on so you can eat."

"Now you want me to put clothes on?" I snort out a laugh and add, "you weren't singing that tune last night." I snatch a piece of meat quickly and stuff it in my mouth before he can stop me. I chew with a groan of satisfaction. "God, this is fucking delicious." I said around a mouthful of food and then swallow. "What is that?"

"That is salmon." He throws me a disdainful look over his shoulder. "And, you know, that just means one less piece of meat on your plate." I arch a playful brow at him. "I swear, if you make me burn the hollandaise sauce I am going to be pissed. Get moving and get Dani."

Since when did he become so bossy?

I throw my hands up with, "fine, fine. As I've stated, I prefer you keep your meat to yourself, anyway."

"Whatever you say, Tor. Whatever. You. Say." The sarcasm heavy in his tone.

I don't add to that as I walk over to my room. I make quick work of putting on a black track suit before taking the stairs two at a time to get Dani. My stomach aching the entire time with hunger as the smell of whatever Brooks is cooking permeates through the air. I cross the threshold into the room and eye an empty bed, a messy bed.