Last Minute Preperstions

Elsa took out Felicia's eye shadow and gently applied it."Hurry" she whined, "I have to looked perfect for Prince Hiccup"! Elsa rolled her eyes. She had a feeling Felicia wasn't the princes type. After all shed met him! Elsa had really wanted to go to maybe see him again, but Joyless refused. As much as she wanted to go, she couldn't bring herself to fight with Joyless. Elsa finished up with Felicia's make up and set it down. "What do you think" Elsa asked, worried she'd have to redo it. Felicia studied herself in the mirror. "Where's my dress" she snapped suddenly standing up and marching over to the closet. Elsa sighed, at least the make up was ok. Felicia was rummaging through her closet and pulled out a very ugly orange dress. "That's not the dress I mended" Elsa pointed out, regretting it almost instantly. Felicia rolled her eyes. "Mother took me shopping" was he response and she tossed the gown into Elsa's arms. Elsa stumbled backwards, but didn't fall over. Elsa raised and eyebrow as Felicia stood on a small platform and raised her arms. "Put it in dummy" she snapped. "Of corse" Elsa stammered. She slipped the bright orange dress over the girls head and smoothed it out. "What do you think" Felicia asked. Elsa stared. It was the most hideous thing she had ever seen, but of corse she couldn't say that. "Whoa" said Claire, stepping into the room. "It's very" Elsa paused trying to find the right words. "It's very you" she finally said. "There's no way the prince won't notice you" Claire managed, holding back her gag reflex. "I couldn't agree more" Elsa stuttered, she was telling the truth. I was impossible not to notice the dress. Felicia let out a huge squeal and rushed out of the room. Elsa and Claire looked at each other. Then they bursts out laughing. "The prince will defiantly notice here" Claire said through giggles. "And turn and run the other way" Elsa concluded. Claire laughed. Claire had on a pink and white dress with small roses around it. "You look beautiful" said Elsa, feeling upset she couldn't go. Are you sure you can't borrow a dress and come later" Claire asked almost pleading. "No, I'll be fine" Elsa reassured her friend, "if Joyless were to catch us we both be in huge trouble. "Here" said Elsa. She waved her hand and ice spiraled out revealing a Snow White ribbon. Elsa twisted it along Claire's bun and stepped back to admire her work. "Thank you" Claire said looking in a mirror. "Your welcome" Elsa said. "CLAIRE ARE YOU READY" came a shriek from downstairs. "That's my cue to go" Claire groaned. "Are you sure you'll be ok"? Elsa giggled and nodded. The girls quickly hugged and Claire left the room. Elsa watched from the window as the three girls stepped one at a time into the carriage and sighed as it drive away. Elsa slowly left the room and walked outside. The sun had just gone behind the hill, and Elsa could see a couple stars in the night sky. Elsa felt a tear slip from her cheek followed by many more. How she longed to go to the ball. When she was young her mother would tell her stories about her being a princess one day. Elsa let more tears fall. Claire had tried to get to go to the ball but it didn't work. "Excuse me miss" said a voice from behind. Elsa gasped and turned around. An older woman stood there watching Elsa cry. "Why were you crying"? "I wasn't crying" Elsa said quickly wiping her tears away. "Could, could you get some milk and bread" the old woman croaked. Elsa being the kind person she was, nodded. "Yes, yes of corse" she whispered. She rushed into the house and made a plate of milk and biscuits. "Why thank you Elsa" the old woman said taking a sip of milk. "How do you know my name" Elsa wondered curiously and a little nervous. "Oh" the older woman laughed. "I'm your fairly godmother". "No your not" Elsa said, slightly annoyed, "there just made up for little kids". "Or really" the old woman smirked. She walked into the middle of the grass and held her stick above her head".