𖧧 ; 𝘚𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺

7th of October 2020

Francesca Di Vicenzo

- "I didn't know you liked that kind of music." The blond girl I had decided to call my roommate two years ago said.

She had shoved her phone up to my face, to show the story I had just posted of my cat, Bea, a couple of minutes ago using one of Corpse Husbands songs.

"I enjoy lots of different music," I mumbled, quickly glancing at her phone screen and then turning my attention towards my own again.

"Well of course, but you have never shown interest in hardcore emo songs." She said and turned the phone screen towards herself again. Studying every inch of my story like her life depended on it.

"I'm not sure that's what you call that kind of genre," I answered her still not removing my eyes from the phone.

"No, well what do you call it then Francesca?" She sternly said.

"I don't know Kate. Maybe google it if you're interested in it." Look, as much as I loved Kate she could be a bit... up in your face sometimes. She would notice every little change in your behavior or speaking. It could be a bit much, but also one of the things that made her such a great comforter.

"You're acting weird." She quickly answered and side-eyed me. See that's what I mean. She noticed the smallest things.

"I'm just a bit tired today," I assured her and smiled finally letting my eyes leave my screen to look at her.

"Keep telling yourself that." She hummed still not being convinced. "Anyway, do you have any plans today?"

"No, not really. I was thinking could go for a walk but I thought about it a bit longer and decided that moving wasn't for me." I shrugged my shoulders and smiled faintly.

"Sounds like you. I'm visiting a couple of my old friends today if you don't mind not having your amazing best friend around." She smiled and made her way to the kitchen counter to sit on it.

Our kitchen and living were all squished together in one room in hopes that we could fit everything we needed into our small apartment. It had worked for a couple of months, but we had both bought a lot of unnecessary stuff and now we needed more space. But none of us worked consistent jobs even though, not to brag or anything, but at the end of the month, I would start as a graphic designer for one of the local companies.

I was kinda proud of that one.

Kate was still studying to become a vet so she hadn't started any serious jobs yet but still did her best to pay the bills and make sure we got full meals.

"Yeah yeah, it's fine with me." I took a deep breath and scratched my nose. "As long as you take care of yourself and you return in one piece, then I'm fine with it." I smiled at her and got up from the couch.

"Can't promise anything but I'll try just for you," Kate said returning my smile.

I made my way past Kate towards our shelves where we kept all the food. Let's just say we ate a lot of pasta and bread. But that was the only thing my parents ever taught me how to make, so don't blame this one on me.

At least we only ate quality pasta due to my family being from Italy. That was probably a start.

"Well, I will get going if you don't mind." The blond girl informed me and jumped down from the counter. "I love you!" She yelled while getting her jacket and shoes on and opening the door leaving the apartment.

Once again, I was alone. Well, not entirely. Bea was still home, and she was not leaving. At least not without me by her side.

She was my whole life at this point. I absolutely adored that cat and that led to her being spoiled a lot.