𖧧 ; 𝘓𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘒𝘦𝘺𝘴

7th of October 2021

Francesca Di Vincenzo

Even Corpse Husband himself commented on my cat's name. Yep, my life was nearing its end now.

But don't blame this on me. When I decided to adopt a cat, I hadn't realized that you'd have to name it on the spot. I didn't intend to give her my last name. It just happened. I have never been the sharpest okay.

cescavicenzo
look, it was an in-the-moment decision. I was a bit lost.

I was just about to put my phone down and return to my pasta when it dinged again. Somehow everyone could write a message in no time, while it took me forever.

corpse_husband
i would probably have done the same ngl.

I let out a breath. At least Corpse didn't think I was weird, right? Right? Where was Kate when I needed her reassurance? She could've at least timed her life with mine. Loser.

cescavicenzo
good to know i'm not the only one.

I finally got to put my phone down. Not that I didn't enjoy talking to Corpse because I did. Could you even call this "talking" more like communicating?

And you know, sometimes it was nice talking to someone from the outside world and not just Bea. Like an actual human being and not a cat.

I dumped down on the sofa and picked my pasta up again, shoveling some of it into my mouth and leaning back, trying to relax my body. It sort of felt like one big fever dream that wasn't supposed to happen but somehow did?

My life was one big fever dream working on minimum wage and people knowing me as the crazy quarantine cat lady.

I finished eating my pasta and placed the plate on our small coffee table, which was already packed, with old mail and one of those wide IPad chargers that no one seemed to remember but me. Even Kate had asked me what it was a couple of times, and then I'd had to explain it was for the 14-year-old IPad that somehow had survived along with all my teddies.

I balanced the plate on top of the mail mountain and looking at it for just a couple extra seconds, just in case gravity didn't decide to be in my favor.

Luckily for me, it seemed like that it was in my favor and that I could leave it there without worrying too much about it sliding down.

A couple of hours had passed. I had passed out on the couch with some reality show playing in the background, a half-eaten ice cream box on the floor, a cat rolled up on my back, and a 23-year-old banging on the door.

Such a lovely lifestyle we lived here in San Diego.

And if you listened closely, you could hear a faint voice of the blond yelling that I should get up and let her in. Who wouldn't find this lovely?

"Let me in, Cesca!" The blond yelled through the door while banging her hand on the black wood.

I let out a groan and lifted Bea down on the ground. She was half asleep but quickly got to her senses and ran off to the bathroom.

"Aspetta un minoto!" I shouted back at her and rubbed my back. Mumbling a couple of words to myself, I got up from the couch and made my way to our front door. I turned on the light and had to close my eyes due to the brightness of a lonely light bulb.

I fumbled with the door handle in my blindness and finally opened it after a couple of seconds.

"You're going to pay for this, Kate." I gritted through my teeth, running a hand through my hair, trying to get my body to wake up just a bit.

"Someone snatched my keys I'm telling you! I will find that bas—" She yelled, not loud enough to wake the whole neighborhood though.

"I'll be honest with you, Kate, I'm pretty sure you just lost them somewhere. We'll just have some new ones made for you." I gaped through my sentence and tried to think of something that would calm her down. My mind wandered off.

"Whatever you say, sweetie." She hastily took her shoes off and threw them into a corner. "How were you even asleep? You took three naps today ain't no way you're actually tired." She questioned my messy hair and droopy eyes.

"I just got really sleepy suddenly. Anyway, this is not about me. Let's get to bed." I rushed her into the kitchen and placed her beside me while letting my head rest on the cold counter.

Despite it occurring to be around 3 am. It was still considerably light outside. The sun never really disappeared during the summer.

The sun was faintly shining through the cream curtains giving the room a warm feeling. That, even though my sleep had been interrupted, still gave me a bit of joy.

Kate's breathing had gotten considerably lighter, and her anger had bubbled down a bit. She had opened her mouth to say something but stopped halfway.

"Not to get cheesy or anything, but you're the only friend I need, you know that, right?"

"That was very sudden." I took a deep breath. "You're the only friend I need, Kate." I lifted my head from the counter and gave her a light smile.

"I just feel like I don't say it enough. I'm always out with someone from my class, and you're just kind of here. Alone, with Bea, of course." She returned my smile with a wide grin.

I didn't know what to answer her, so we just stood in silence for a minute.

"Now, before I get all emotional and say something, I'll regret tomorrow. Let's get to bed." She picked me up by placing both her hands around my waist and dragged me along the floor.

"God, you're a bit—" She stopped to catch her breath. "I can't carry you." She let go of her grab and motioned for me to walk.

I grinned at her and made my way towards our shared room. "Come on, Russler."

Note
The amount of writer's block I had while writing this. Urgh. I rewrote it 6 times :D
I'm sorry if it sounds rushed or kinda pointless.

I will try to update consistently, but I can't promise anything.Anyway, I hope you all are doing amazing! <333