𝟎𝟎𝟏

(welcome back )

IT HAD ALL STARTED WHEN SHE MET ALISON DILAURENTIS

IT HAD ALL STARTED WHEN SHE MET ALISON DILAURENTIS. Josie's life had been pretty simple before then. Perfect family, perfect house, perfect grades. Then the summer of 8th grade, she met Alison. 

Everything took a downward spiral once Alison disappeared Labor Day. At first she was too scared to even leave her home. Then she'd stay out later and later, always stumbling home drunk or on some kind of drug. 

After two months, she overdosed. Her parents took her out of school and decided to take a long vacation to visit her grandmother in Vancouver. Although, Josie never stepped foot outside of Rosewood. She was hauled off to Radley Sanitarium in the middle of the night and that's where she stayed until now.

Josie Tate stood nervously outside of the office, her younger brother by her side. She watched as multiple people passed, stopping to look at her like she was some animal in a display case.

Josie could hear people muttering her name, and it became harder and harder to breathe. 

"It's okay," Her younger brother, Jeremy reassured. She gave him a small smile.

"Mr and Miss Tate?"

They turned theirs heads to look at the Vice Principal, who motioned for them to follow him.

"We're glad you're back this year from your vacation," He started and Josie pursed her lips, which went unnoticed by him, as he was searching for their schedules.

"All your classes and teachers are listed here, and here are your locker numbers and codes."

Josie took her schedule and saw she had English with Mr. Fitz first. 

"It's good to have you back," The Vice Principal repeated as Josie packed her things. "And hurry before you're late for your first classes."

Jeremy thanked him before they left.  "What do you have first?" He asked as the bell rang.

"English, you?"

"Math," he answered with a groan.

Josie smiled, reaching her locker. "Good luck, see you at lunch, okay?"

Jeremy nodded before walking off. After she'd organized her locker, she searched for her first class. She could hear her heels clicking in the empty hallways, but all she could think about was how the name Fitz sounded so familiar.

Finally she'd found her class, and Josie hesitated outside the door.

"Come on," she whispered to herself. "Just get it over with."

All heads turned towards her when she knocked and Josie faltered. Her jaw fell slack when she saw her teacher.

When he turned to her, he had a look of shock as well. There was a long pause, the class staring at her with judgy eyes. "Uh, take a seat, Miss Tate."