Chapter 1-Keefe(the proposal)

This is not what i had prepared for. My palms were sweaty and my whole body was shaking. I turned towards Fitz, Dex, Tam and Wylie. "I cant do this. Look at her. She is having so much fun and i dont wanna be the one to ruin that." I looked across the dining room seeing Sophie happily laughing and chatting with Evangeline, Biana, Linh and Marella. Then i looked down at the silver ring i had bought for her. She had told me it was her favorite colour as it looked like silveny.

"Come on, you know more than anyone its time to pop the question." Dex said. Surprisingly Fitz, Tam and Wylie agreed with him. "I dont even know what that is" I said. "Its a human phrase. Do not worry about it. Just go, and remember if you hurt her you have us to deal with. They pushed me towards the table where the girls were. "Sophie? We need to talk." I said. She had a worried look plastered on her face. The girls gave her worried looks as if they thought i was going to break up with her but they had no idea that what I was doing was way more nerve-wracking.

I led her to a private spot in the house that we all lived together in(all: Tam, Evangeline, Biana, Dex, Marella and Fitz)At least i thought it was private. I turned around to find all of our friends following us.

I sighed, thinking i might as well get this over with. "Sophie, these past 5 years have been the best of my life. I never want it to end, and i am ready to spend the rest of my life with you." I knelt down on one knee and heard somebody squeal, but i didnt care. The only person i had eyes for was sophie and i could see tears welling up in her eyes. I took out the ring box and opened it and said," Sophie Elizabeth Foster-Ruewen will you marry me?"