Her

Today was a long day at school. I was tired and under tons of stress to get all my projects done on time while having work and making time for friends, family, and her.

As I was walking down the stairs and out of the school doors to my bus stop, I see her across the stretch of asphalt with her group of friends.

Our eyes meet and I instantly smile under my mask. I can see she's smiling under hers too because it shows in her eyes that she's happy when the corners crinkle and a little twinkle appears that only I can see. She calls out to me as I'm walking over.

"Baby! Come here you slowpoke!"

I chuckle at her and when she sees I'm not speeding up, she rolls her eyes and bounds over to me instead.

She's in her big oversized sweater that makes her look absolutely adorable; especially with her little sweater paws and wraps her arms around my neck, pulls down her mask, and pecks my cheek as I put my hands on her waist; just holding her.

"Sorry babe, I'm just a little tired from classes today. How was your day?"

She looks at me and frowns slightly by the downturn of her lips into a little pout.

God she's so adorable. I can't believe she's mine

"My day was good, but now I'm here with you so it'll be even better. Especially when I cheer you up!"

She gives me the biggest and brightest smile and I just melt. I am totally wrapped around her finger and whipped to the next dimension. I swear, how can anyone resist or dislike this cutie? They would be absolutely crazy and I would not hesitate to fight them.

"Thank you baby. I'm already feeling better because I'm in your arms and see your smile" I say.

She cringes slightly "Since when did you get so cheesy?" She joked.

I smirk lightly at her "what, so you don't like it? I thought you loved it when I tell you how I'm feeling even if it's super cheesy." I look away, pretending to pout playfully.

She rolls her eyes, grabs my chin lightly to face her again, kisses me on the lips softly and replies "you know what I mean baby. That was sweet and unexpected but a liiiiitle cringey."

I laugh loudly at that because she's right. I don't normally tell her my feelings. They're mostly shown by the little touches and things I do for her to show her I care. So when I do voice out my feelings, it can come out as greasy, flirty, and cheesy. Oh well, I guess that's just how I am with her.

When our bus pulls up, we put our masks back on to get in and find an empty seat. She puts her head on my shoulder and relaxes on me while I softly sigh and smile.

"Want me to wake you when we get to our stop?" I ask. She mumbles a little "yes please" into my shoulder.

"Okay then. Have a good nap baby, I love you." I say and kiss her forehead through my mask.

She doesn't reply because I can see her chest slowly rising and falling with each steady breath she takes signalling she's asleep.

I sigh happily again and put one earbud in my ear, the other in hers and play Jaljayo Good Night by Twice.

I look at the scenery passing by outside the window while feeling the rumbling of the bus's engine below me and just think about her as she's sleeping on my shoulder soundly.

She will always make my days better and I couldn't be more thankful that I have her and can call her mine.

————————————————

Okay, that was the first time I actually tried writing something like that lol😬😂 How was it? Y'all can drop comments, i promise i don't bite Lmaooo🤣 I honestly don't expect anyone to read this but 🤷🏻‍♀️ I tried my best and I really just wrote this to get it out of my head instead of continuously thinking abt it so I decided I'll do more maybe. This oneshot was long to write for me but idk if they're all going to be this long or if they'll be shorter or longer then this. I have other oneshots I'm planning and I'll try and get them written down and out soon, I just need some time to get the details abt each one down, finely tuned, and then write it out lol. Until the next one, Peace Out!
               —SB