Chapter 3: The Great Dime Chase

Perrie was in her desk, several science equipment over the wooden table. Eyes squinting, she carefully put a small drip in a flask filled with blue-colored liquid. She wiped off the sweat of anxiety she didn't even know she had excreted. 

"Lass!" Scrooge's voice cried. "It's time!"

The sudden shout made Perrie lose her grip on the tube she was holding, and the liquid inside flew into the flask, which exploded in her face, covering it with black soot. Coughing, she waved her hand around from all the smoke it caused, taking off her lab coat and hanging it on her door.

Perrie McDuck's shares the same room as Webby's; except that she had a veil draped and acting as a wall between the two, and a messy room with books all over the floor with clothes strewn messily on her bed would be exactly what someone as 'busy child prodigy' would do.

Perrie quickly brushed off the soot on her clothes - a white hoodie and a high-waisted jean shorts with black capris leggings - and grabbed a green bag when she was almost out. 

"Lass, you know I've called you too many times," Scrooge said, eyeing his youngest great-niece. 

"I was in the middle of a quick experiment," Perrie explained. "And besides, I know you would wait for me no matter what."

"Fair point," Scrooge said, before a commotion started in the TV room.

"Any big plans today?" Scrooge raised his eyebrow, starting the conversation with Louie, who was in the room watching some show called 'Ottoman Empire'.

"Thought I might move to the big TV in few hours, you know," Louie said, burping and opening a can of Pep. "Hey, do we have any more Pep?" 

"There's six full cans right here!" Perrie exclaimed, pointing to a table full of the popular carbonated drink - all of them still containing the familiar purple liquid.

"I only love that first sip. Peak carbonation. Never mind, I'll call Beakley." He took out his phone, but later said, "Oh man, my phone's dead. Guess I gotta buy a new one."

"Just charge it!" Perrie said. He's killing me.

"Who cares? We're rich."

"No, I'M rich," Scrooge snapped, dragging Louie by the hoodie. "That's it, laddie, you're coming to the office to learn the value of a hard day's work."

"No!" Louie cried. "Please, Perrie, help me!"

"Yeah, Uncle Scrooge's right, you deserve a lesson on hard labor," she smirked, looking at Louie's horrified face as he got tugged into the limo.

Webby had just caught Dewey sneaking in her room, and turns out he just wanted to know about his mom Della.

"I've been looking into her for years, but there's nothing. No photos, no records. No one even talks about her. One time, a piece of junk mail with her name on it showed up at our door, and a day later, Scrooge bought the post office, and I never saw our mailman again."

"Pretty sure he retired," Dewey gulped. "But...what do you know about Perrie and Arya?"

Webby gasped. "What do you mean?"

"Like, everything, everything."

"Oh!" Webby said. "Well, Perrie was born Esperanza Edalyn Antonia McDuck in April 15th 2007, labelled a genius child prodigy when she was young and plays the violin. Arya Amelia Arabella McDuck is born October 4th 2005, is rebellious, loves to find trouble, and is famous for being mischievous. Also-"

"Not what I mean," Dewey interjected, "I meant...their backstories. Like who were their parents."

"Oh...why?"