Chapter 7- The Truth Comes to Light

A Few Days Later

At The Claw

Having been called to the restaurant for a group meeting, Spencer, Toby, Ned, Bess, George, Ace, and Laura were all sitting around, waiting for Nancy to reveal the reason she asked them to meet her there.

"Thank you all for meeting me here today."
Nancy said. "Anything for you, Nance." Spencer said. "Absolutely. And you know that I would definitely do anything for you." Ned said as he smiled softly at his girlfriend, which made Nancy blush a little.

"Okay, okay. Let's dial it back on the Nancy love fest for a second. No offense, Drew, and get to the point of what we're all doing here sitting around for a meeting instead of getting ready to open for the day?" George said and Nancy resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "Well, as you probably guessed, this is about Tiffany." Nancy said. "Did you get a new lead?" Laura asked.

"No, but that ends today. I am getting to the bottom of this, tonight." Nancy said, the determination evident in her voice. "What's the plan?" Ned asked. "Well, I've been thinking about this a lot lately, as you know, and I've come to the conclusion that in order to figure out what happened to Tiffany that night, we all need to retrace our steps." Nancy said.

"And how do you propose that's actually going to help?" George asked. "Come on, George. You know that Nancy knows what she's doing." Ned said before looking at Nancy and giving her a small smile and she smiled back at her boyfriend. "I agree with Ned. I think Nancy's on to something." Bess said. "Sounds like a good idea to me." Ace said. "Thanks, guys." Nancy said. "I think it's a great idea, Nance. Anything we can do, name it." Spencer said. "Yeah, what can we do to help?" Toby asked. "Thank you for saying that. Because I need you two to convince Ryan to come here tonight, so that we can try and get a confession out of him." Nancy said. "We can do that." Spencer said. "Consider it done." Toby said. "I knew that I could count on you two." Nancy said, smiling softly at them. "Always." Spencer said as she smiled softly at her.

"What do you need me to do?" Ned asked his girlfriend. "You, Bess, and George can stay here and get things set up for tonight." Nancy said. "Done." Ned said. "We'll take care of it." Bess said, Nancy then looked at George. "You will help, right? We all need to work together on this." Nancy asked her. "Yeah, I'm in." George said. "Thank you." Nancy said. "Don't mention it, Drew." George said and Nancy smiled softly at her before turning her attention to Laura and Ace.

"What about me?" Laura asked. "How about you and Ace come with me to the Horseshoe Bay PD? I could use your help." Nancy said. "You don't even have to ask. Anything to make sure that whoever is responsible for my sister's death pays." Laura said. "And I promise you that I will get you justice for your sister, tonight." Nancy said reassuringly and Laura nodded. "Alright, let's get this plan on the road, then." Ace said as he looked at Laura and he gave her hand a reassuring squeeze and she smiled softly at her boyfriend. "I couldn't agree more. Let's do this." Nancy said, determined to finally put an end to this mystery of Tiffany's death.

"You'll call me if you need anything?" Spencer said as she looked at her sister.
"Of course." Nancy said. "Good. And Nance? Be careful." Spencer said and Nancy nodded. "Always am, and good luck." She said and Spencer nodded. "Thanks, Nance. Although it's highly unlikely we'll need it, considering how persuasive Spence can be." Toby said as he smiled softly at Spencer. "You're absolutely right about that." Nancy said.
"I appreciate the compliments, guys." Spencer said as she smiled softly. "You deserve it." Toby said as he kissed her forehead and Nancy couldn't help but smile softly at them.

"I know that you can take care of yourself. But, please be careful." Ned said as Nancy turned her attention to her boyfriend, she walked over to him, taking his hands gently. "I'll be fine, Ned. I promise." Nancy said reassuringly. "I know that, but I still just needed to say it. I also need to do this." Ned said as he leaned in to kiss her lips softly, Nancy happily kissed him back.