Chap 2

I coughed out water, a burning pain in my chest as I did so.

"She's okay!" Someone shouted.

It felt like I was coughing my lungs out, the water never-ending and the pain just made worse.

There was a hand rubbing against my back and I still had yet to open my eyes, a bright light shining against them.

"Y/n" A voice said from beside me.

"Y/n, are you all right?" It said again.

The water had left my lungs by now, leaving a salty taste and burning throat in its wake. I groaned slightly, a hand against my chest as I tried to breathe.

"Could someone get her a towel?"

Mere moments later, there was a towel wrapped around me.

"Try to open your eyes slowly"

I did as told, a blearing light casting down as I did so. A moment passed before I was no longer blinking every second. Wooden boards and multiple pairs of scuffed boots came into view.

"Where in the blasted hell am I?"

I heard a chuckle, an all too familiar one at that. But not one of Peter.

I looked up slowly, seeing a familiar face in front of me.

"Caspian?" I questioned, voice hoarse.

"That would be me" He responded.

He took my hands in his and helped me stand up, letting me lean against him as I recovered, an arm around my shoulders.

"Y/n!"

Another boy's voice, also familiar.

"Edmund?"

And there he was, standing in front of me with Lucy, drenched with water but with towels wrapped around them.

"Where are we?"

"On the Dawn Treader." Caspian answered. "Now, how in the world did you end up here?"

"I have no idea." Lucy laughed. "Didn't you call for us?"

"No. Not this time"

"Well, whatever the case, I'm just glad to be here" Edmund said.

There was a scream from the other side of the ship.

The men on board made space for us to see. There was a boy, flat on the ground and trying to wrestle a mouse off of him. A mouse that looked rather like Reepicheep.

"Don't touch me!"

"Get that thing off me!" And that thing did get off him, albeit he was thrown off.

I glanced up at Caspian, who looked rather amused at the scene.

"Reepicheep!" Lucy exclaimed.

"Oh. Your Majesties" Reepicheep bowed.

"Hello, Reep. What a pleasure"

"The pleasure is all mine, sir. But first, what to do about this... this... hysterical interloper?"

"That giant rat thing just tried to claw my face off!" The boy accused, pointing a finger at Reepicheep.

"I was merely trying to expel the water from your lungs, sir"

Edmund laughed from beside me.

"I think there are two very different ways to do that, and the only correct one was done by Caspian. Although... Reepicheep's way was rather amusing"

"...anyone just hear that? It- It just talked!"

"He always talks" A crew member said.

"Actually, It's getting him to shut up that's the trick" Caspian joked.

The crew laughed and I couldn't help but giggle, leaving an unpleasant burning feeling in the back of my throat.

"The moment there is nothing to be said, Your Highness, I promise you, I will not say it"

"Look, I don't know what kind of prank this is, but I want to wake up right now!"

"Perhaps we could throw him back"

There was silence between us before Lucy elbowed Edmund.

"I demand to know! Just where in the blazes am I?" The boy yelled, stomping across deck.

"You're on the Dawn Treader; the finest ship in Narnia's navy" A Minotaur answered.

The boy fell to the side, passed out.

Caspian let go of me for a moment to walk over to the Minotaur.

"Was it something I said?"

"See to him, will you?"

"Your Majesty"

Caspian walked over, beginning to climb the stairs.

"Men... Behold our castaways... Edmund the Just, Lucy the Valiant and Y/n the Bright, High King and Queen's of Narnia"