Chapter 1

Year 785

"Oh really what an amazing thing Gohan" his mother's voice echoed through the house. The eighteen year old Goten looked up, the energy in his body was too much to concentrate on his homework at all. "Gohan I am so glad you made that promotion, how is my little Pan doing?" Goten grabbed a capsule from his pocket and clicked, the headphones that appeared he put on, he wanted his mother's voice out of his head.

Staring at a page in his book, he felt like all the letters were dancing. With a sigh, he looked at his bedroom window. Doubtfully he put down his pen, should he go for a while? Just fly around for a bit? Goten was pulled from his thoughts by a large book that was thrown down in front of him. When he looked up he saw his mother standing there with an angry expression on her face.

"Mother what is this" growled Goten irritated, staring at the large heavy red book thrown down in front of him. Chi-chi put her hands on her hips "more study Goten, when Gohan was your age he was already much more advanced. He even got promoted today". Goten sighed "yes but he liked studying" he muttered. His mother grew angrier, Goten bent over the book. This can't be my life, he thought quietly to himself.

That evening, Goten and his mother sat at the table, the door was thrown open hard. Goten was just poking a potato on his fork when he looked up sleepy from all those hours of reading. "Honey I'm home" sounded the cheerful voice of his father Goku. "Oh dear how wonderful that you are home. Goku sat down next to him and immediately started eating; his father was always extremely hungry after a day of training.

Goku looked up happily "and son how was your day?" asked his father in a satisfied tone. Goten bit the potato off his fork, and swallowed it "boring" grumbled the youngest of the family. Chi-chi put a bowl of food on the table "our Goten has been sitting with his nose in the books all day, isn't that good?" Goku didn't say anything, he just kept eating. Goten felt more unhappy than ever, he wanted to train too.

That night Goten lay on his bed, with his headphones on he listened to rock music. He had wanted to do something after dinner, but there were chores to be done. Now it was late and dark outside. He grabbed his cell phone and opened the app DragonGram. He scrolled through the freshly posted photos. Then he stared at a picture of his best friend Trunks, with a moving box he stood happily in front of a university. And on his arm a girl, that girl Goten once had a crush on. But then Trunks started dating her and he no longer had time for his best friend.

Furious and angry, Goten threw his phone through the open bedroom window. Surely this couldn't be his life? Studies, chores and the eternal 'everyone is better than him'. He had to get out of here, it was suffocating here. He pushed himself out of bed and walked to his desk, staring at a pen and paper. It was time to escape for a while, get out of this place.

** Years later in the Year 802 **

In a stuffy workshop, a certain blue haired young woman was tinkering with combat drone. A metal door slid open, her mother walked in "Bulla are you almost done? You've been at it all morning". Bulla looked up "Yes mom, but there is something wrong with the chip". Her mother looked through the magnifying glass "you're right, but that's work for your grandpa".

Bulla leaned back "I had hoped I could do it too. But making a chip I do not have the patience for it". Bulma put a hand on her daughters shoulder "honey maybe you should do something else for a while, after that you can always try again". The 22 year old young woman stood up "where is daddy?" she asked.

With a smile Bulma turned around "where do you think dear, where he always is". Bulla let her lab coat slide off her, with a simple toss she threw it over her chair. Together with her mother she walked outside "I'm going to train with daddy in a while I think, but first eat." Bulma pushed a button, on her watch she could see vegeta's train room "honey we're going to have lunch, see you in the kitchen in a minute". Satisfied, Bulma looked up. Bulla always looked at her parents with admiration.