Chapter 20

Kiseki sighed with a smile and patted her back to soothe her in hopes that it would help. Suddenly, a horn went off and an announcement said, “Team Todoroki, Kiseki, and Yaoyorozu have passed the final exam.

  Kiseki’s smile grew wider and she looked over to her two teammates who looked relieved to have passed the exam. She turned to walk over to them but an overpowering pain and dizziness engulfed her senses and before she knew it everything went black again. She felt her body hit the floor and the muffled voices of Todoroki, Yaoyorozu, and Mr. Aizawa yelled at her in panic. Her entire body went limp and she tried to resist the urge to rest, but soon enough she fell unconscious.

********************

  It's dark again… 

  Why is it dark again? 

  Oh…

  I fell unconscious again.

  The words were being written in the air just as she thought of them. Usually, there would be an embodied voice narrating the scene, but it was completely silent. Kiseki hoped she would hear her own voice, but just like she predicted, there wasn't a single peep. 

  Of course, she wouldn't hear own voice. She hasn't spoken a single word in years. How would she even know what her own voice sounded like? 

  Just like before, she looked down at herself to see a faint glow around her body that illuminated a small area around her. It took her a moment to register the fact that she was unconscious and just having a lucid dream, but she couldn’t help but feel a sense of dread and anxiousness crawling up her back.

  She decided that it would be best to look around rather than stand there doing nothing, so she aimlessly walked forward. Every cautious step she took made her wish she could wake up soon, but she knew that she wouldn’t wake up as long as her body was drained of energy. Suddenly, a thought crossed her mind. 

  Could she use her quirk while she was unconscious?

  She doubted that it was possible, but it didn’t hurt to try. She cleared her mind of everything and focused on every muscle, clothing and atom in her body and waited. The familiar sense of a wave pulsing through her body made her eyes widen in surprise. She looked down at her body to see that she was indeed transparent. She was elated and proud of herself to have been able to use her quirk even in her unconscious state, but she deduced that she was able to use it since she was lucid dreaming. 

********************

  After school… 

  Shinso walked through the halls looking for Kiseki. He usually went to her classroom to pick her up so they could walk home together, but no one was in the classroom. He assumed her class was still doing their exams so he waited by the entrance of the classroom. Eventually, class 1-A arrived in their class to collect their belongings to go home but Kiseki wasn’t with them. He caught sight of Tokoyami and Shoji and walked over to them.

    “Hey, where’s Kiseki?” He asked.

  Tokoyami and Shoji shared a look of concern and Shoji replied, “She’s in Recovery Girl’s office.”

    Shinso grew concerned and his voice turned grim almost as if he was intimidating them, “What happened?”

  After a brief explanation provided by Tokoyami, Shinso walked away and immediately headed to Recovery Girl’s office. Before he could open the door, Midoriya opened it, surprising the both of them. 

    “Shinso?!” Midoriya exclaimed in shock before immediately covering his mouth to shut himself up. “What are you doing here?” He asked in a whisper.