Chapter 23

Late in the night, everyone was exhausted and it was nearly time for everyone to start heading home. Everyone helped clean up and said their goodbyes as Kiseki walked them out. After everyone was out of sight, her smile faltered. A sense of gratitude overwhelmed her and her lips quivered. She sat down against the brick wall that lined the street and put her head down as her body trembled.

*******

  The next day, Kiseki and Midoriya arrived at the mall together where their classmates waited near the entrance for them. Ashido was the first to spot them and came running over to them with a giant grin on her face. She threw herself at Kiseki in a hug who barely managed to catch her. Ashido laughed giddily as she rubbed her face on Kiseki's cheek in excitement.

    "I'm so glad you guys made it!" Ashido said with excitement.

    "I did promise to go shopping with you, and I didn't want to disappoint you by not coming." Kiseki's device explained.

    "Awww~ Kiseki! You're so nice!" Ashido gushed as she tightened the hug around Kiseki.

    "Be gentle with her Ashido," Tokoyami warned as he walked over to them with their classmates following behind him.

    "He's right Ashido!" Iida said, raising his arm straight in a robotic motion, "You wouldn't want to hurt her before we step foot inside the mall."

    "But she's just so kind and cute~!" Ashido pouted as she hugged Kiseki as if she was her stuffed animal.

    "We don't want to waste time standing outside the mall when we could be inside walking around," Midoriya suggested, trying to bring the subject back to the mall just before them.

    "He's right, let's go Ashido." Kiseki's robotic voice said in hopes of getting Ashido to loosen her arms from her as she was practically crushing her.

    "Okay! Let's go then!" Ashido said excitedly as she locked arms with Kiseki and pulled her forward. "Oh man, do I love this place! It's got a ton of different stores to shop at, and they're all super cool and hip! Kiyashi Ward Shopping Mall!!" Ashido cheered in excitement with her fist raised. Kiseki copied her as she was just as excited as Ashido about the mall.

  The class walked together as they looked around the bottom floor of the mall with excitement and wonder. The mall had a wide range of clothing stores for any body type and age, cosmetic stores, hardware stores, department stores, accessory stores, and a variety of restaurants and food stalls. As they walked, Kiseki could hear Midoriya muttering to himself with wide eyes as he looked around the mall. She laughed at his reaction as she knew he was just excited, but the people who passed by him gave him odd looks.

    "You're going to scare the children," Tokoyami scolded, "Stop."

  Kiseki silently giggled to herself from Tokoyami's scolding. Tokoyami noticed her giggling and playfully bumped her side, making her laugh harder.

    "Whoa! Aren't those UA students?!" A man yelled in surprise as he pointed over to the class, getting the attention of the two men with him, and the people around them.

    "1-A!"

    "I saw them on TV!"

    "The Sports Festival was so good!!" The man and his two friends said in unison as they copied the moves they had seen from the Sports Festival.

    "I can't believe they still remember that," Uraraka said nervously.

  The others talked amongst themselves about what they planned to buy, and Kiseki thought about what she needed to get for the summer camp.