seven

Alek was gorgeous, the sun in him had yet to die as they dined

Alek was gorgeous, the sun in him had yet to die as they dined. The smile of blinding godly essence graced them under the sun's twin sister's glimmer. His hair had broken out in a shade of brown, his father settling and him reaching a compromise. And unlike the rest, the color of purple and dashes of broken red were not to be found on his skin. Only porcelain. Romans were not graced by the presences of deities often. But to all who were there, maybe Alek right now was the closest manifestation they could have of Apollo.

There were traces of the prophetic deity in him and to those who knew better, they held fear. Because it was like the god was there himself, asking why his son had not gained awards from the battle when he did as well as Percy Jackson in battle. Why was he not given higher praise when he had done much more than the son of Neptune for this legion. Apollo can cause havoc upon them. But the heated glare changed the figure. How? Well, it was by emitting his nature in his dearest son, even after battle.

Silent, favored, and burdened. The power of the Aleksander Benedictus.

Unlike many, there was someone whose impulse didn't bow down to god-like figures. A boy with sea-green eyes, that glinted with dreams and not pure ambition. "The eagle, huh? Quite peculiar it called out to the son of the seas." And Percy's troublemaker smile was attractive. It wasn't like Apollo's who glittered in his own spotlight, it wasn't like the children of Venus's neither, who had a lure to make people fall to their knees. And it wasn't like the boy's he once dreamed of a future with. A boy whose aura made him feel less alone in this burden of greatness. It wasn't like Jason's and maybe that's for the best. "Maybe I'm just special."

"Never said you weren't, Jackson."

Most would tell that Percy Jackson had the aura of the sea. A kindness in its flickering form, but danger beneath those who oppose who he protected in his loyalty. "I'm more curious about how special I am to you." But with the boy so near, with their hands in the realm of being intertwined, he could tell more. It was like the sea hugged Vesta's hearth, warm and hope safe in its place. And Alek wanted that but he feared that maybe leaning into Percy would make him take another person's place. A soldier was meant for sacrifice, so that he could protect those who needed his defense.

"Hush, Jackson. You might fall too deep waiting for my reply, better you wait for your Annabeth to come and arrive." And before he could dream farther, he tried to walk away. Tried to run from people he might be taken with for selfish desires of love. But unlike others, Percy didn't let him. The boy held his wrist back, eyes asking a question of silent stay. "What if I want to fall to stay, and know you a bit more." And the legacy believed the hero, with the other's thumb padding against all the streaks of a Roman's branding. He believed that Percy wanted to know him, the present, the past, and maybe wait to know him for the future. Even if Alek's future was quite short.

The conversation pulled on the strings of the other. Almost like Alek was Percy's puppet master, and Percy's was his. Yet, no figure fell toe ground or knelt. They stayed still and basked. Equals in power, equal in interest, and perhaps this just means something is mutual. But what? Friendship? The two didn't try to define the euphoria. And both remained oblivious to the female praetor's stare across the hall. "I take it that's the boy you like? The blonde one?"

Mother knows best, but when your mother is restrained from being with you, a sister can know much more. "Why not go after him? Or are you not as strong as who you project yourself to be?" She can say sharp words. Know the thin line between hurting her and teaching her the truths she must know. And when her sister finally filled the power of Bellona to course through her feelings, he was gone.

His back to her, never speaking with her through the dinner. And walking away with Hazel, Frank, and Percy. Two she never saw as threats, and a boy she thought was taken, committed enough to not get in her line of sight. And somehow the son of Neptune allowed Alek to be unafraid. Unafraid to externally show his love, and crave for it as well. Something that not even Jason got far as. "You're losing your chance, sister."

"No. Maybe I lost it years ago, and merely only learned to accept it now."

"If you are asking if I am okay with that, I have to be. But it doesn't mean I must be satisfied with the outcome. I will never be satisfied."

-----

Percy tried to step out, and give the two lovebirds some time. Hazel and Frank both protested, their cheeks tinted in the color of sweethearts, and he knew for sure that they wanted their alone time. But someone had noticed the same thing and supported his claim. Although surprising him in the process of digesting the man's words. "If it would be okay, I want to walk Percy back to your barracks." And Percy wasn't sure if his cheeks blossomed the same color, but by the looks the younger two were giving, most likely he was.

New Rome was beautiful, but he wanted nostalgia. New York was called out to the boy's loyalty yet craved for future stability this place promised. "Any reason why I am granted to have a gentleman walk me?" Was it possible to make both places meet?

"I know you won't take the house offered to you by Reyna, with pieces of Jason still clinging onto its floors. But nobody would expect you to come back. So accompany me as I watch my aunt's chariot fly as the moon?" He didn't like playing the hero, but would take the part for those he loved. Yet right now, the thing he wanted to do the most is watch the stars with Alek by his side. 

Percy loves Annabeth and would wait for the world to stop if that would make her arrive. But it doesn't mean, he has to be lonely. He's got Frank and Hazel. But maybe another person could take place into his heart.

Alek cannot promise anyone commitment with the sole reason of a prophecy coming his way. But maybe Percy Jackson is teaching him a thing or two. One of which is that maybe its good to be remembered as more than a great Roman. But to be remembered as a friend in his last years. 

A/N: If you caught a minor Hamilton reference, and wondered if it was intentional, it was. Angelica Schuyler's wit is quite at par with Reyna's front or her mask. Also, when Mark of Athena comes into play, more things are to be revealed about our boy. More personal matters about his past that might just break in the quest he thought was not his. Is it to be the prophecy of the seven or the prophecy of the eight?

 Is it to be the prophecy of the seven or the prophecy of the eight?