Chapter 7

Adeline pov

I threw a few of my favorite outfits into my suitcase. I knew he would have clothes for me and if he didn't he would let me go shopping. I went into my closet and grabbed a few of the very important things to me, my photo album, the box of every letter he sent me and my grandmothers jewelry box that is full of jewelry that he gave me the "little gifts" were thousands of dollars worth of jewelry and artifacts. I know now that they we're probably things he collected over the years but it doesn't matter. He still thought of me. There was a banging on the door. I frowned, "Go away." "Adeline." I huffed, "I don't want to talk to you. Im packing. Like you told me to do." He growled but didn't say anything.

There was another knock on the door. I rolled my eyes, "I don't want to talk to you, Zander." "Good thing it's your father." I sighed and opened the door. He walked in and shut the door, "pup," I continued packing. Dad sighed, "Adeline, you can't ignore everyone." I sighed, "my mate was mates with your aunt. H-how is this even possible? Why didn't you tell me? I'm so confused-." Dad hugged me, "oh my pup, everything is going to work out." I frowned, "why does aunt Delphine hate me?" Dad frowned, "you remind her of Aria. Our aunt was special. You and Aria are a lot alike in personality and looks. She was a little more hard headed then you are though and much more temperamental. Her and Alex fought all the time. It was actually surprising that they were mates." He sighed, "Delphine and Aria were really close. When Aria died Delphine was devastated and lashed out. She went on a killing spree-."I frowned, "why?" Dad sighed, "Delphine was my mother's bastard child. My mother was rapped by a rogue and became pregnant. Delphine looks just like the rogue. My mother tried to love her and teach her how to be a good person but Delphine hated her after she met my father. She hated us and blamed us for her punishments. Aria was the only one who was able to calm her. Delphine spent many years with Alex and Aria. They practically adopted her and raised her as their own. My parents were heartbroken that Delphine didn't want them but they kept their pain to themselves. They let her enjoy time with Alex and Aria." The moon Goddess cursed us at that point due to Delphine's behavior yet because of aria's death and her grandsons' grieving she also blessed us. She cursed us to find our mates later meaning our mates would have a large age gap. Yet she blessed our children. She blessed you specifically she gave you gifts, beauty, strength and knowledge. She gave you her grandson. Her favorite grandson she gave you him as a mate. That is a huge blessing. Delphine is jealous and angry that you found your mate who happens to be Alex before Claire found her mate." I frowned, "why me? Claire or Alexia would have been Better choices. I'm not worthy of him." Dad chuckled, "this is exactly why she made you his mate and not one of them. You are humble. He is hard headed and stubborn. You aren't." "I'm acting that way now." Dad sighed, "you are hurt. Your aunt just said terrible things to you and told you information that we weren't ready for you to know. He understands that. He's upset that you are hurt and he doesn't know how to fix it. This isn't him trying to hurt you or be angry at you. This is him trying to make it better and he doesn't know how. He's hurting for you." I frowned, "I-I didn't think he cared about me and now he's here a-and I just want to hug him all the time but I'm angry and sad and hurt and confused and I just don't understand." Dad sighed, "you scared." I nodded, "h-he's the alpha king. M-my wolf hasn't even come out yet. What if she doesn't. The packs will hate having a runt on the thrown and he's so perfect and I'm a mess." Dad laughed, "oh my pup. My little pup, you have no idea how much of a mess he was and still can be. He's a complete dork."

I smiled softly, "do you think he will lock me in a room?" Dad scoffed, "you are delusional. Alex is like a puppy he will do whatever you want." I smiled, "you call him Alex." Dad chuckled, "always have." I ran my hand through my hair, "I love you, daddy." He hugged me, "I love you too, pup." I sniffed, "I'm going to miss you." Dad kissed my head, "we will see each other very soon." I nodded. He looked at the jewelry box, "Alex gave this to Aria. When she died he gave it to my mom." I frowned, "why did grandma give it to me?" Dad sighed, "you met Alex when you were 3. We used to visit every few years but we didn't want people getting suspicious of you and Alex's relationship. It wasn't safe." I sighed, "everyone knew." He shrugged, "yes. Delphine didn't. We didn't want her selling you out." I frowned, "I'm sorry I've been so hard on you guys." Dad laughed, "you've been easy. Jace is the hard one." I smiled and shook my head. Dad kissed my forehead, "this last year and a half has been hard on you. We all know that. No one is saying it's going to be easier but you won't get super sick anymore." I sighed, "yeah." There was a knock on the door. I smiled as mom walked in, "Hi baby." I smiled, "mom." She flopped down next to me and hugged me. Dad smiled, "my two girls." I smiled, "you be at the matting ceremony right?" Dad chuckled, "like we would miss our only daughters Mating ceremony." Mom cupped my cheeks, "we won't miss it and when you start having babies I'll be there the entire time! Your father might be an idiot but he won't stop me form helping you." I smiled, "you'll be there?" She nodded. I smiled and hugged her. Dad stood up, "I'll start taking your things to his car." I sighed as he grabbed my bag and left.