Chapter 17 - Invites and Drop-Ins

Jenna spent the next week doing early shifts at the hospital and crashing at home as soon as she got in.

She was run off her feet and completely exhausted, so on her days off she would hibernate in her lounge watching movies and napping all day.

Winter was well and truly underway, with the temperatures dropping each day, and with Christmas only a couple of weeks away, Jenna was way behind with any sort of organising and gift buying.

She was hosting Christmas at her place this year, with Cara more than happy to get out of cooking, however she had yet to buy any of the food for dinner.

Jenna laid on her sofa wrapped in her blanket, and she started the next movie on her list as her phone buzzed with a message.

Scott :
Boxing day, our place, you, Cara, Matt and the kids. Drinks. Food. Movies. You in? X

Scott :
My sisters will be here so you'll get to meet the rest of the clan! Oh and Shanna said you can only come if you bring those brownies of yours. We told her how amazing they are and she wants to try them X

Chuckling, she sent a quick message back.

Jenna :
I'm sure I can persuade Cara and Matt. Can I let you know later? X

Just as she hit play on the movie again, her phone buzzed for the second time, this time with an incoming call from her cousin.

They spoke for a few moments, with Cara confirming she was heading to the store and offered to grab the food for Christmas day.

Jenna asked about Scott's invite, gaining an excited agreement from Cara.

"Yes! Absolutely. I'm not passing on a chance to get drunk with Scott. Plus me and him need to come up with a plan to get you and Chris together!"

"Oh, Jesus Christ, not you aswell" Jenna faceplamed, dragging her hand down her face as she rolled her eyes. "It's not happening Cara."

"Oh come on, Jen, have you seen the man. He looks like he was carved by the gods of Olympus themselves. He can barely string a sentence together when you're in the room. And do I need to point out that he's Captain America?"

"OK, I'm done" Jenna interrupted, laughing. "I'll speak to you later! Love you, BYE!" she shouted hanging up before her cousin could say another word.

She rolled her eyes again and she pulled up Scott's messages and typed out her reply.

Jenna :
Boxing day is a go. I repeat Boxing day is a go.
Let me know what time you want us over :) X

She snuggled back down into her blanket, grabbing her snacks as she finally settled in for the movie.

*********

Jenna was woken up by a banging on the front door, and she rubbed her eyes sleepily as she came round from her nap.

Looking at her phone, she noticed that it was 5.23pm, and realised as her stomach grumbled at her that all she'd eaten that day was some pancakes for breakfast, and half a bag of Doritos.

She slowly got up from the sofa, dragging her feet as she wandered to the door.

Pulling it open, she squinted as the light hit her face, and saw a tall figure standing in front of her. It took her a few seconds, but finally she recognised the man at her door.

"Chris... Hey..." Jenna said sleepily.

"Hey Jenna. Erm... Are you OK? Did I wake you?" He asked, frowning, looking at his watch.