Chapter 12

Author note: This chapter contains scenes of a sexual nature. If this is something you don't want to read then please skip this chapter :) <3

The relief I felt about being back at home quickly faded when I saw Yetta standing at the foot of my bed with her hands on her hips and a horrified look upon her face. I looked down at the dagger I was still holding and the revealing red dress which was now torn and covered in black blood. I frantically tried to think of any excuse that could explain my current appearance.

"I can explain" I most definitely could not explain this without looking like a complete liar.

"Then go ahead and explain," Yetta said as she began tapping a foot on the ground. "And don't even think about lying to me girl."

"Okay, don't be mad" I slowly placed the dagger on my nightstand.

"Oh, I'm beyond mad. You're lucky that I'm standing here and not tweedle dumb and tweedle dee out there" she pointed to the door, to where Ivan and Andrias were probably standing on the other side.

"I was at a party....and I left...but voiderz showed up and I had to go back to help the fae" I began to feed her parts of the truth.

"Voiderz?! Why on earth didn't you call for help?" She crossed her arms.

I bit my bottom lip "Um...um"

"Well? Spit it out"

"Because I was in the dark realm" I squirmed at my words expecting a scolding.

"Are you insane?! Have I not taught you anything about the dark realm? About those fae." She hissed. I have never seen her like this before, she wasn't angry, she was scared.

"I'm trying to help Xander get the dark royals to trust us and agree to his plan. I can't do that if I'm cooped up in here all day." I stepped to Yetta pleading for her to understand.

"I wasn't born yesterday girl. You went to that place because you wanted to."

"That place doesn't seem half as bad as what you make it out to be. The dark fae are no better than we are" I retorted and that comment seemed to have hit a nerve.

Yetta huffed "You carry on down this path Aurora and you are going to get yourself killed. The dark fae are not to be trusted. If you have any sense left in that brain of yours, you will remember that." She headed for the door and paused "I suggest you change out of that dress and clean yourself up. Your father would lose his head if he got word of this" I said nothing as she slipped out of the room. I went to the bathroom to where a steaming hot bath was waiting for me curtsey of Yetta. I soaked the dried blood from my skin and refilled the bath to scrub my skin a second time. My thoughts drifted to Azra. Yes he definitely was not to be trusted but I had seen good in him, didn't I? Or perhaps I was only seeing what I wanted to see. I walked back into my room to see my mother's dress, the one I was wearing to meet Azra laying on my bed. I looked around knowing I was alone. How did he get my dress back through the border? I hung it up and pushed away any more thoughts of Azra.

The following morning Yetta hadn't shown up to help me get princess ready which I was fine with because the thought of being in the same room as her after last night made me uncomfortable. After struggling to pin my hair up myself, I gave up and left it to fall down my back. I changed into a light, flowy, champagne gown fit for a princess and a stroll through the gardens and made my way outside and took my time to think over the events of last night whilst admiring the flowers I had seen a thousand times. Maybe Yetta was right, going to the dark realm was reckless and I could have died. I recalled the voiderz and how they had reacted towards Azra. They did seem to be drawn to him, but why? How did they get through their borders? And could they get through ours? Maybe I'm overthinking it and they were just attacking at random. But why were they at another one of his parties? Nothing made any sense; it can't just be a coincidence.