Chapter 1

"Hey Dallas... I'm headed to the Curtis house." I yelled across the house. I heard a loud bang and he started making his way over to me, "To do what may I ask? Better not be-" he started but I interrupted him, "Dally! I'm 15! And it's for a group project with Pony." Dallas backed off, "Fine, let me walk you." He insisted but I quickly ran out the door to avoid the embarrassment.

On the way over to Pony's, I saw Johnny sitting under a tree smoking. I snuck up on him, "Johnny!" I screamed. He jumped up and quickly tossed his cigarette behind him. "Darry told you that your not supposed to be smoking right now!" I said.

Johnny looked away, "Who cares what Darr says, I'm gonna die at 16 anyway." He joked. His jokes scared me, he started acting like this after his parents lost their minds, nobody really knows what goes on in that house. "Johnny..." I said quietly. He looked up at me in a more concerned way, "I-I didn't mean that, I'll live till 17, I promise."

I rolled my eyes and continued on my way to Pony's. "Hey, Y/N!" Pony called out from the kitchen as I walked in. I ignored him and looked at Darry on the couch, he looked back at me, "What now?" He said getting up.

"Johnny's smoking again! And now he's joking that he's going to die soon!" I whined. "When will that boy learn." Darry added. Two bit came out of the bathroom, "I'll talk to him." He said.

"Thanks Two" I smiled at him and walked over to Ponyboy. We started doing the project and ended up finishing it in that day. After saying goodbye, I walked out and was about to head back home when I heard yelling coming from Johnny's house.

I snuck over to the side of the house where the window was cracked open, it just so happened to be Johnny bedroom window. I looked through the window and saw Johnny and his parents arguing.

"I'm so sick of you, kid!" His dad screamed. "It's all your fault!" Came from his crying mom.
"What's all his fault?" I questioned Myslef. Johnny just stood there and took it all.

"I wish you could have been like your brother." His dad said as he grabbed Johnny's wrist. "Brother?!" I whispered to myself. "Ya! Well look at what happened to him!" Johnny yelled in return, tears coming down his face.

I think his brother meant a lot to him, who ever he was. Johnny's dad took him and slammed him into a wall. I could hear Johnny's cries, it began to be to much for me so I ran off. I didn't know his parents hurt him like that... I also didn't know he had a brother?