Chapter 6

The next thing I remember was waking up in the hospital, alone... I looked around and tried to get up but realized I was connected to wires. I laid back down and waited for a doctor who came in to check up on me almost 20 minutes later.

"Ah, your awake miss y/n. How do you feel?" The doctor asked me nicely. I sighed, "Sore." Is what I got out. The doctor came over to me with a clipboard, "Don't worry, it's totally normal. I'm going to read you these questions and I want you to give me an answer, okay?" The doctor said.

I nodded slowly and he started, "Do you remember what happened before getting stabbed?" He said. I looked up and back down, "Yes, there was a fight and... it was an accident." I said.

The doctor raised an eyebrow, "Do you know who stabbed you?" He asked. I nodded my head again, "It was my friend but it was an accident." I said quietly.

"Okay, where are your parents?" He asked. My heart dropped, "I don't have parents, I live with my brother but he's an adult..." I lied.

"Okay... Caitlyn, can you tell me what your last name is?" The doctor asked me. Wait, Caitlyn? Have I lost my memory or something becuase that's not my name. Suddenly, it clicked. If I tell them what my real name is, I'd be sent to a girls home. And if I told them Dallases name, they would find out that he's not older then eighteen years old.

I pretended to drift off to sleep. The doctor got up and called for another doctor. They checked me and realized I was just tired, even though I was secretly awake. A couple minutes later, I heard the gang come in and the doctors leave.

Dallas came up to me, "Y/N! I'm so glad your okay." He cried to me. I didn't say anything. His face suddenly went straight, "Listen, we need to get out of here before they find out to much and take you to a girls home." He whispered to me.

I laid back in my chair and saw Johnny out of the corner of my eye. "Johnny." I whispered. Dallas moved out of the way and Johnny came closer. He looked really worried.

"Your going to be fine, it was an accident." I whispered to him. He put his hand on mine, "I don't care about that, I care that your okay." He said.

Johnny looked over at Dally who was eying us, he quickly took his hand off mine and backed away. "We need to get you out of here." Dallas said as he started unplugging the wires.

"Dal! Slow down." I said as I was getting slowly. Johnny helped me up and gave me my clothes to put on. I looked over at the rest of the gang who was staring at me, "Look away!" I said before changing out of the hospital gown.

I looked like a somewhat normal human who was just casually leaving a hospital. No one noticed as Johnny and Dally helped me walk out of the hospital. We all piled into Darrys truck. Two bit sat in the front while Dallas, Pony, and Johnny sat in the back with me. Soda and Steve were at work.

Everyone in the car besides Darry and Dallas fell asleep on the ride home. I woke up as we were pulling up to the house but I didn't want to walk so I pretend to continue sleeping as someone carried me in. I don't think it was Dallas becuase I heard him demand someone to put me down on the couch. Ponyboy was to tired to pick me up and two bit was to weak to. I think it was Johnny?

___

I'd slept through the whole rest of the day and woke up at around 1am. Everyone was asleep, Johnny was parallel to me on the floor. I made sure to not step on him as I was getting up to get water.

I walked over to the kitchen when I heard someone whisper my name. I looked back and saw Johnny sitting up, rubbing his eyes. "Do you need something? Doc said you shouldn't be walking around like that." He asked quietly while getting up.

"I just need water, I got it." I said as I continued to walk to the kitchen. Johnny quickly ran in front of me just as I was reaching for the cabinet. "Please, you need rest. Let me get it for you." He said sweetly.

"Really, I'm okay." I said assuringly. Johnny didn't take it though, "Y/N. I'm the reason your in this condition. It's the least I can do." He said quietly.

I stopped reaching and looked at him, my heart started beating quickly. I looked at his lips and then back at his eyes, his eyes were trailing down to my lips. I slowly leaned in to make sure it was what he wanted. He then leaned in too and... we kissed?

It lasted wayy longer then just a kiss. After a couple seconds, Johnny pulled away. "Is it to late to say that I like you?" Johnny smiled.

"I think your right on time." I smiled and went back in to kiss him again. Johnny pulled away after a couple seconds, "Ok seriously, go sit down and rest."