Mr. First Kiss

"Mel?" A soft voice called from beyond the dim lit dining room. "Are you alright?"

Thalia stepped into the foyer of the dining area. Expiration suddenly begun to fill me. I covered my face both in my hands.

"Yes, I'm fine, " I lied. "it's been three weeks. How come I haven't heard from him."

"I thought you didn't want him to bother you anymore?", Thalia answered, her eyebrow raised .

"No? But it's Jesse Blue, I've read about him, if he wanted to he could have easily contacted me. And he also knows your dad's company!"

"You said you were glad he wasn't around anymore just last week," she said. "Now you want him to be in your pants?"

"That's not what I said!" defending myself quickly

She walked slowly to the other side of the glass table, and sat herself across from me. There was a pause of silent, before she continued, "look all joke aside, I think you are only attracted to him because of how toxic he is. You miss him, because you are feeling like punishing yourself."

There were some truth to what she said, but could it be just my self destructive self trying to ruin my life, or was I actually attracted to Jesse. I remained silent, deep in my thoughts. She shifted closer to me, to make herself known.

- "I don't think that he's a bad person, but he's definitely not good for you. We did our research about him remember? He is always in some sort of scandal with some celebrities or models."

"No, you are right. It's just the pussy talking," I joked. Thalia giggled and smiled. "That's my girl!"

"I'm going for an evening run, do you want to go?"

"I'm so tired, I think I will stay home today," Thalia said, a hint of expiration in her voice, "but you be careful."

I took a quick lap around Vondel park. People were slowly leaving the park, and I was able to run in peace. I felt like running was a good decision, cause few minutes in I felt my mind cleared up from all this unnecessary thoughts about Jesse Blue.

I cocked my head to the side, looking at the pond, when I suddenly bumped into someone's back. "Oh god, I'm so sorry."

"Amelia?," a familiar voice called out. I looked up to see Jesse standing in his sweatpants and shirt, and a phone in his hand.

"Jesse," I swallowed hard. I absently brushed my hair and looked over the path ahead, thinking of means to escape. I thought I wanted to see him?. I knew he was waiting for me to say something, albeit he didn't have that impatient look on him. He always have that.

"Are you okay? did you get hurt?"

"I'm fine actually."

I was pacing in my mind like crazy, before looking down at my feet. "You can't stop in the middle of the street like that," I muttered quietly. Secretly hoping he wouldn't hear it.

I stiffened at my last statement, as an index finger placed itself under my chin tilting my head up. My eyes widened, "What are-"

he cocked his eyebrow up, "are you seriously blaming me? You weren't looking at the road."

I slapped his hand away, "well this is a walking and running path," motioning at the street.

He chuckled. "What is so funny?"

"Nothing you are just always so riled up around me," he shrugged nonchalantly.

Well I'm furious and frustrated when I'm around you

"Are you going to tell me , or not?" Jesse stepped forward. He was so close to me now I could hear the faint noise of both of our breaths. "Why are you always so riled up Miss. Heart?"

What happened next was something I could never imagine myself doing in a millions years. I knew deep down I was making this decision consciously, but I just couldn't stop myself.

I placed both my hands on his shoulder. I could tell he was taken aback when he jerked his body before regaining his composure. My legs lost all feeling when I touched him, I knew they were trembling.

"I was just thinking that, uh, it's funny how, mm, rattled you make me feel. and I-"

He cocked his head to the side, exposing a grin. I wanted to.

"-just want to know why."

"Know what?," he asked.

I tiptoed, then kissed him. lingering for a while at his bottom lip, pulling away when he pulled me closer. He wrapped his arms around me, holding me tight with my hands now on his chest. lightly pushing him away, and he kissed me back. I tugged at his shirt, my mind was empty, all I could think about was how wonderful he felt.

However, I pulled away reluctantly as I realized what I just got myself into.

I brushed my shirt, and stepped away from him. His eyes were gleaming with passion, and his lips still well. I looked away, "okay so that's how it feels. I thought it was something more, but it's just curiosity I guess."

"Curiosity?" he asked, "you kissed me like your life depended on it."

"In your dream, " I scoffed, "trust me I wont think about this at all."

I gathered myself, and darted past him, never looking back.

I continued to think about it