Diavolo

Diavolo by uxecila

A mafia book! I think this is the first mafia book I have recommended (for a very good reason). 

The thing is that I find a lot of mafia books to be romanticising rape/abusive relationships/toxicity. That romanticism happens because of the fact that these mafia books tend to revolve around aspects of 'possessiveness' and I get it- it's hot when your man controls you in bed and has an alpha energy but this concept is more often than not taken wayyyyy too far. 

I don't want the MCs to be fighting and treating each other like shit but still fall in love all because they have sexual tension (and said tension is only there when they're drunk 🙄). It just drains all of my desire to read and I either leave the book in the middle or regret sticking with it just for the sexy times.

That being said, Diavolo doesn't do that. There is a healthy relationship but we still get the dose of possessiveness that we all want.

We get the danger, the scheming, the lying, the guns, the blood, the love, the secrets and everything else in between in a pretty package with beautiful writing.

Another thing is that the characters in Diavolo are so dynamic and the author has done extensive research on mafias too and it shows. 

Each character is unique in personality, life, looks and desires leading to such a thrilling book. Their actions are all so true to them. We can see ourselves in all the characters and understand their reasoning because of their life experiences that were shared with us. 

I'll even go as far as to say that Diavolo feels like a portal to an alternate universe and not just someone's craft (a masterpiece at that).

Note: 

~ R-rated

~ Diavolo is going to be becoming a paid story in June 2022. Go! Check this bad boy out right now!

~ If my review doesn't convince you then check this one out by a wattpad ambassador: https://www.wattpad.com/1157951517-book-of-the-month-november-2021-diavolo

Enjoy!