Jade ( @Whynotagain )

Author: Whynotagain

The main reason I read werewolf books is because of the soul mates trope. I love the idea of someone being designed specifically for me who would love me for who I am including my faults. 

But that's not the only reason I like to read werewolf books. I like the 'primial instinct' thing that goes on in these books. 

Obviously I don't want the Male Lead to be a toxic character thinly veiled under the 'wolf instincts'. I want him to be sweet and compassionate while being filled with passion driven by instincts.

And I feel like the only author that has been able to strike this balance between sweetness and aggressiveness is Whynotagain

She has a completely new take on the werewolf world which doesn't adhere to the soulmate trope but did she hit the spot with the primal instincts? Hell yeah, she did. She has developed the werewolf world to fit our modern society and has designed lovely characters.

Her writing style too is unique in the way that just a few lines and you are already feeling everything the character feels. Every feeling hits you just right in the heart.

Additionally, she has taken up common romance story lines and envisioned those situations in her special werewolf world. This guarantees a good time because you don't know which direction things will go and it won't be how they usually go because now you have werewolves with their feral nature in the mix.

However, Jade hasn't been active on Wattpad since 2018. No announcement or explanation, just radio silence. She did talk about how she didn't have time to write anymore but nothing else. She still has her books up (all completed except one) so hopefully she's alright and comes back to see how much people love her writing.

Books:

It Started With a Scent

This was the book that introduced me to Jade and made me fall in love.

There isn't a specific trope used here but is, instead, just a reimagining of werewolf society and packs with a love story blooming in the midst of the modern life.

Artificial Insemination

The trope picked up here is accidental pregnancy.

I have always loved this trope. Jade just increased my love for it by envisioning it in her modern werewolf society.

Note:

~ R-Rated Work

Enjoy!

(I have not added the book covers because I couldn't get the authors permission since she isn't active here)