𝟓𝟕. ✭ 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐘𝐒𝐒𝐀 ✭

I stretch my arms over my head, inhaling and exhaling as I work the aches in my limbs out. There's nothing like a full body stretch, especially after a night participating in rather strenuous activities. I'm sore just about everywhere but in the most delicious of fashions, a fashion I've come to whole-heartedly appreciate over the last few decades of my life.

Even with our age, the three of us seemed to be insatiable. Luke being the one with the most stamina out of the three of us these days, especially since arriving in New York. The man had a never-ending desire for lewd activities which is a far cry away from how he had once been; closeted and closed off. I had a feeling that recent dangerous circumstances were the reasoning for Luke's excitement.

"Mornin', gorgeous." I turn and smile at a just-waking Denver. "Woke up to an empty bed and you know how much I hate that. I would've preferred to start my day with picking up where we left off last night." He gives me a lopsided smile and a wink before walking over to me. "Come here."

"Gladly." I step into his open arms and give him a tight hug. "You know," I step out of his embrace, "you say you wanted to pick up where we left off but you've been dead to the world this morning, old man."

He rounds his head and scrunches his face with, "excuse me but who the fuck are you calling an 'old man'?" He reaches out to snatch me and I let him. "If I'm an old man then you are an old lady." I purse my lips but he just kisses them. "See how does it feel when the shoe is on the other foot, granny?"

"Excuse yourself, I may have a grandchild but I think I have aged quite gracefully."

"Like fine-fucking-wine, babe."

Speaking of fucking...

I run my hands through his salt and pepper locks with a coy grin. The speckles of silver and white in his onyx-colored hair made Denver all the more attractive in my eyes over the years. That personality of his has never changed. He's still playful and dominant, has always been the one to keep the mood light. He made Luke a better man for it and I loved him even more for that.

"What're you thinking about? You went from looking like you want me to bend you over the couch to lost in thought in zero-point-five seconds." The perks of motherhood have turned me into a sentimental woman, something I had never been previously.

"Just thinking about how much I love you." I caress the side of his face, grazing the stubble there.

"You're damn right you love me. Now think about that but with a lot less clothing." His lips descend on mine and I welcome them. He wraps his large arms around me before picking me up and setting me atop the back of the brown leather sofa. I wrap my legs around his waist as his hands wrap in my hair, making me let out a soft moan. Just as I'm about to pull down his pajama pants there's a loud clearing of a throat. Denver breaks away from our kiss and throws a look in Luke's direction. "Right on time, as per usual."

"I am afraid we have a bit of a problem before we get all into that business." He waves a hand in our direction.

Denver snorts out a laugh. "Only you would refer to sex as 'that business'." He steps out from between my legs, adjusts himself slightly, and then runs a hand through the hair that I'd just been doing much the same in a moment before. "What's going on, babycakes?"

Luke glares. "You know how much I hate ridiculous nicknames."

"Which is precisely why I called you babycakes, buttercup." His teasing is doing nothing but irritate Luke.

"Den, quit." I give him a smack to the chest after hopping off of the couch. "What's going on?" Luke pins Denver with one last disdainful look before bringing his attention back to me with a softer clearing of his throat this time.