Chapter Two

Recap:

"Come on Mari! Cheer up will you? We're about to go into a new class full of new people! Do you know what that means~?" Mitsuko questioned excitedly, waiting for Mari to come up with a reply.

"It's time to tactically retreat before we make it to the classroom?" Mari suggested, hoping Mitsuko would like it and go along with the idea.

"No silly! It means it's time to make new friends! And maybe even get some answers about.. Well, you know what I mean~" She exclaimed, giggling.

Mari sighed, really wishing she'd stayed at home for once.

Now.. On with Chapter 2!

Mari and Mitsuko stood awkwardly behind the energetic secretary, the two of them had struggled to keep up with her as she escorted the two to the classroom that would become their own personal hell whilst they attended school.

"We're nearly there," she announced audibly, her blue eyes scanning the corridor for any signs of trouble. The girls were not the only ones who were intending on making a good first impression.

They took a left turn, then a right, then another left. The secretary finally came to a halt outside of one of the doors. She looked at them and smiled, "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll make lots of friends." She encouraged kindly and knocked, receiving a 'come in' from the teacher.

She stepped into the room confidently and walked straight up to him, he was currently teaching the class some form of Math. "Sorry to interrupt your class sir, these two girls had some.. complications on their way to school this morning." The secretary explained, whispering something else afterwards that only a few students overheard. Mari and Mitsuko stared at the Math problem blankly, attempting to comprehend the complicated mess of numbers written on the board. They looked at each other in utter confusion.

The teacher nodded in response, then turned back to the girls, "Would you mind standing outside whilst I finish explaining this to the class, please?" He asked politely.

The girls quickly agreed with the teacher, shaking their heads in unison before speeding out of the classroom. They didn't need to be told twice.

"So. Many. People." Mitsuko mumbled, she had been expecting the class to be bigger than the one she used to be a part of- after all, there had only been approximately 10 people per class- but not that big.

"I thought you'd be more worried about the... the thing on the board." Mari replied, gesturing to the door, she shuddered as the complicated equation from hell popped back into her mind.

Mitsuko laughed, "I don't know so much, it looked pretty easy to me." She replied, smirking at Mari as she leaned against the wall.

"Okay Miss 'I know everything', whatever you say." Mari replied, rolling her eyes. She mimicked Mitsuko and leaned back unknowingly against the classroom door, assuming that it was the wall of the hallway she was using to support her weight.

The class inside had fallen silent and the teacher had finally stopped his lecture. Without any warning, the door swung open, "What the-" Mari began, falling back with the door. She landed on top of a rather short red-haired male. He groaned in pain and rubbed at his now injured head.

The class gasped, staring wide-eyed at the two teens on the floor in front of them. Most of the students began to laugh, some merely stared at the scene before them. A few even decided to aid the fallen students. Mitsuko was a part of the former group, she stood in the doorway, one hand on clutched on her stomach and the other gripping the door frame for balance. She laughed at her friend to the point where tears began streaming down her cheeks.

Mari glared at her friend as one of her new classmates helped her off of the poor student, her cheeks stained red from embarrassment. "Shut up, Mitsuko. It wasn't that funny." She muttered under her breath, making sure her comment was heard by her annoying companion. Mitsuko shook her head in response, starting to calm down from her laughing fit.

"Now now class," The teacher scolded, sending everyone back to their seats apart from Mari and Mitsuko, who stood at the front beside him. Were they going to get told off for the ruckus they had accidentally caused? "I can see class is going to be.. very interesting this year." A few students snickered in response, still not over the incident that occurred earlier. "Could you two girls could introduce yourselves now so that I may get on with my lesson?" He asked politely,

aND GERMAN SPARKLE PARTY'D EVRYWHUUUUUUUURR~~~
*・゜゚・*:....:*'(*゚▽゚*)'*:.. ..:*・゜゚・*

*restarts just before the sparkle party*
*lo siento I had to okay I just had to*
*there was an opportunity and I took it*
*disappears into tomato flavoured glitter*

a small smile etched onto his face.

Mitsuko nodded excitedly, "Sure! Heyo people, my name is Mitsuko! I hope we can be friends! and if not, it looks like you're stuck with me until the end of the year so deal with it~" She grinned. The teacher sighed, dreading the year of teaching he had ahead of him. He pointed to two spare seats in the back and told her to pick one of them. She skipped up to the back as her companion stood in front of the class, her face void of all emotion as per usual, well, for everyone apart from Mitsuko, who knew Mari was most probably contemplating jumping out of the window due to the large mass of people burrowing their eyes into her stormy grey ones.

"I'm Mari, don't bother talking to me because I won't reply. So leave me alone." Mari stated, immediately walking up to the seat besides Mitsuko. He wasn't going to complain, that is where he was going to seat her anyway.

"Now class, let us continue with our lesson. After our rather lovely Maths lesson, it's time for us to move on to English. If you would be so kind as to get out your copies of Shakespeare's 'Romeo and Julliet', we'll continue from where we left off."

The class let out a consecutive groan, reaching down to pull out their copies of the book they would soon have to write an essay on.

After a long, rather tedious first day of school, Mari and Mitsuko walked out of the front gates together. The two of them had refused various offers of walking home with the other girls in their class simply because they saw no need to make new friends. After all, they had each other.

Mari's eyes narrowed as she noticed a certain red head running towards them. Later on, during the History lesson, she had learnt that the boy she had fallen on was called Daisuke Niwa, her brows knitted as the male grew closer.

"Hey! You guys are headed in the same direction as me, right? Mind if i walk with you?" He asks bashfully, smiling innocently at the two girls. Mari and Mitsuko scowled at him in unison, glaring at Daisuke.

"No, go away." replied Mari, she continuously glared at him, she silently hoped that he understood that they didn't want him around. Daisuke seemed completely oblivious though as he walked beside the duo, a contented smile appearing on his face.

The girls made no effort to start off a conversation with him and soon enough, he was sprinting towards a station, claiming he was going to be late. The girls merely stared at him in silent disbelief as he ran faster than he had all day.

"Did you feel that..?" Mitsuko asked Mari once they were out of earshot of anyone that would recognise them, their synchronous footsteps being the only sound echoing around them as they walked.

Mari merely nodded, her eyes narrowing as she recalled the feeling of something wrong around Daisuke. They'd have to be careful from now on, perhaps not everyone in this town is quite what they seem.

I'm so bad with constantly updating my stories, sorry about that! it's only going to get worse too, GCSE year lmao~ I am aware that my writing quality has worsened, but i haven't written anything but essay's these past few weeks. xD

good luck have fun~