Part 12

The sun was now completely set and the moon shined over the small village, the village was now a ghost town as soon as the sun set everyone got up and went inside locking there doors Bella had explained that they have done this for a long time. We walked around the town Bella staying close behind me "Y/N im scared" Bella said as she grabbed onto my uniform shirt, I had given her my haori earlier as she was cold.

"It's okay i'll protect you not matter what" I say reassuring her we walked for a while the young girl had a suprising amount of stamenia I offered to pick her up several times but each time she promised she was fine she didn't want me to run out of energy when the 'boggy man' came.

"AHHH!" Bella screamed tightening her grip on my shirt "BOGGY MAN BOOGY MAN!" She yelled pointing to the dark alley way

"Hide now." I command and she runs ducking behind a small stand my haori flowing and dragging across the ground as it was fairly to big for her. Walking into the alley i spot a shadow running past than back stopping infront of me I draw my sword charging towards it my grip tightening around the handle as i was about to try a technique I had watched Shinobu perform many times. Jumping up into the air and spinning around my blade swishing roughly throughout the air as my entire body spun, Bella's jaw dropped as she watched me in the sky. I come down the force of gravity would do all the cutting my blade went straight into the demons arm cutting it off. I stumbled on the landing giving the demon time to bolt away "fuck" I whispered how did i screw up at a time like this?!

"Y/N!" Bella yelled as i tumbled to the ground still holding onto my Katana tightly. She ran over kneeling to the ground "Are you okay?" She asks

"I'm fine" I say sitting back up looking around for the demon

"YOU WERE SO COOL!" She yells out "you were like whoosh and sloosh and cut and slice!" She cheers acting out the movements with her small delicate hands "The boogy man doesn't stand a chance against you!" She says with a smile "I wanna be like you" She stops "How did you learn to fly and fight like that?" She asks

"First off I didn't fly its a special technique i learned from a friend, I become a part of the demon slayer corps and taught myself to fight" I explain

The demon ran but where?

"Well can I join the corps? and be with you please?" She half begged "I wanna fight and protect everyone like you do!" She cheered, I do have heaps of room in the estate.. It would be fun having somone there to take care of and help train I can even pass down my Blood breathing technique!

"Sure you can come back to the corps with me" I promise and her smile gets even brighter as she wraps her arms around me

"YAY! YAY! YAY!" She cheers out before letting go off me.

We continue walking down she stayed close to me mimicking the way a walk and the pace im breathing as I told her it helps with stamina and concentrating she was quite off in the pattern of breathing but she did pick up on my footsteps fast. I could tell she was a quick learner already and would make the perfect understudy.

Her eyes glued to my feet as she walked stepping on the long haori that dropped down to her feet slipping over and tumbling face first into the ground "Bella!" I yell as she makes contact grabbing her and sitting her up watching tears form in her eyes she brings her hand up to her nose and starts to softly cry

"That really hurt" She cried out between her sniffles

"It's okay sweetheart don't panic" I say wiping her tears away as they fall down her soft round cheeks she nods her head as the tears keep falling wetting her clothes and my haori

"Im sorry i didn't mean to fall" She apologises looking up at me

"It's okay" I reply not to sure why she was apologising it wasn't her fault.

I watch her face drop and the colour drain from her face she opened her mouth to say something but she choked on her own words "Y/N r-run!" She finally yelled out jumping forward to push me back I fell to the ground and as the demon swung completely missing me but hitting Bella in the side of the head making her small body get thrown to the side hitting against a solid wooden cart she yelped out in pain as her back made contact with it.

"BELLA NO!" I screamed out kicking the demon hearing a snap in its leg giving me time to jump up grabbing onto my Katana and drawing it out swinging it at the demon it grabbed the sword in its hand holding it back for a second but I was a Hashira it didn't have a chance to stop my blade i cut through it's tough skin and all 5 of its fingers fell to the ground before growing back it scrunched its face in fustration.

"Blood breathing second form bleeding dry!" This demon had blood unlike those tentacles which meant the true power of my second form would now be shown. I stuck my sword lodging it in its writs pulling it out and watching as its entire body started to shrivel up the blood draning from its body.

It dropped to its knees with a thud and I took the opportunity to cut off its head. It turned to dust and died.

I let out a sigh dropping my Katana and running over to Bella dropping to my knees as i grabbed her body from the ground "Bella! Bella get up!" I yell holding my hand to the side of her face she lets out a small whine as her eyes flutter open she looked weak i examined her body to see the damage that was done the side of her was bleeding a lot, her arm was broken, there were brusies all over her back and small pieces of both rocks and wood lodged into her skin.