6

A/N: This is a lore chapter. Swear, panic attack and self-harm warning. And you know the drill.

Error entered the Flowerfell copy. What number was it? Number.... 43. He pretty much memorized where all the people's souls were so this would be a breeze.

If he wasn't nauseous.

He needed to be quick, vomiting on the floor didn't seem quite appealing.

He was then reminded of something he could do that was quick but draining. 

Would he do it?

Hell yeah he would.

Error opened a holographic and proceeded to type a command in it. A pop-up came up, saying

Confirm? 

>Yes

  No

Error put his entire hand on the Yes button despite knowing the risks of this, especially now.

He just prayed that Ink wouldn't come to fight him.

Error felt his magic getting drained from him in large amounts. It was pain, all he felt was pain, but he kept his hand on the button. 

Suddenly, the entire AU was killed off using his strings.

He let go of the button, his legs giving way. He couldn't even stand. But he had to finish the job.

He scrolled through the holographic, finding the delete button and pressing it. The AU copy crumbled, falling into the void. Error's instincts made him get up and run into the portal, not caring about what AU it went into. He jumped in, tripped over his scarf and crashed on a fridge headfirst.

Dust and Killer rushed to see what happened, sockets widening seeing Error just lying down on the ground. Killer shook Error's shoulder. "Error, you alright?!"

Error looked at them with a bored expression, smiled and somehow, was sarcastic in this situation.

"Oh don't worry, I'm alright! I woke up from a crash feeling like shit, fucking vomited, used up most of my magic to experiment something, and decided to crash into this hunk of metal. I'm peachy!"

That was the last thing he said before he collapsed.

......

Error slowly opened his eyes. He felt tired. Did he sleep? It seemed like like it. 

Killer looked up from his book. "Heyo there Error. Sleep well?"

Error didn't answer. He wanted to go back to sleep. It was obvious as his eyelids drooped.

Killer made an 'oh' face. "Just needed to tell you that you slept for two days and Error 404's been substituting for you. No mercy, none at all. I can see why he's only a substitute.."

He waved goodbye to Error and closed the door of the room. Was this the guestroom in Nightmare's base? He was too tired to remember. He curled up in a ball and groaned. His stomach hurt, he couldn't sleep now. Screw getting sick.

Error closed his eyes for what seemed like an eternity, his mind empty. It unsettled him. His pain seemed to fade away, amd he drifted off to sleep.

......

Error woke up with a start, sweating and shaking. Fever dreams were something, but having a nightmare? And when you're sick? Oh man.

He didn't know he woke up. He didn't realize it. He was afraid. He wanted to vomit. He hugged his knees and just shook.

Nightmare opened the door sleepily, awoken by the sudden spike of negativity. He rubbed his eye, not processing what was going on. "Error?"

Error suddenly flinched. Nightmare's eye widened. He slowly walked up to Error. "Error, can you hear me?"

He was in a defensive position: "Get away from me!"

Nightmare didn't know what to do. "It's me, Nightmare!" He took another step forward and was met face-to-face with a glitching Gaster Blaster. "Error! Wake up!"

Error's sockets widened. "Nightmare...?" But the blaster wasn't summoned back.

It blasted a goddamn hole through the wall. 

Error opened his eyes, unshielding them from the blast. He put a hand on his mouth, horrified. Nightmare was lying down on the ground, unmoving.

Error started to hyperventilate, thinking he hurt Nightmare. He held his head in his hands, scratching his skull in the process. Blood and marrow seeped from his head. He glitched more and more Error signs popped up. yourfaultyourfaultyourfaultyourfaultyoURFAULTYOURFAULTYOURFAULTYOURFAULTYOU

Nightmare slowly got up. He was able to dodge it in time, but he singed a small part of his sleeve. He didn't care less as he turned and ran to a crying Error.

"Error! I'm here! Breathe!"

He didn't hear him. Nightmare then noticed the blood dripping from Error's head. He grabbed Error's wrists and pulled them down to catch Error's attention. "Breathe..."

Error obliged and took a shaky breath. Some of the error signs disappeared. Nightmare let go of Error's wrists and put his hands on his shoulders. "Good, again.."

He gained a bit of his composture back, then it broke as he hugged Nightmare, sobbing. Nightmare rubbed Error's back, letting him cry in his arms. 

Not many have seen him so vulnerable. Error was usually calm and didn't show much emotion. So whenever he did, it always came pouring out of him. Nightmare was slowly absorbing his negativity, eventually having Error fall asleep in his arms.

And Nightmare knew that whenever Error was like this, he was one of the only people who could protect him.

Words: 865