1. BACK IN TIME

"Is he fooling around?" Krish found it hard to believe. He quickly rushed to the same bar to find that old man but couldn't.

"Does this really work?" Krish randomly set the timer to 5PM of the previous day.

Boom, he choked to find himself in his room.

"Krish, why don't you visit home? You might feel better!" Neil was suggesting just like he did the last time.

Krish was baffled as the watch disappeared from his hand.

He ran to the bar, desperately searching for that old man.

"Young man! I know you will be here!" The old man smiled, patting his shoulder from backwards.

"I can't believe this!" Krish exclaimed. However, he regretted as he had already wasted one turn.

"6 more turns and the sensors in the watch won't allow you to use it anymore!" The old man said, giving the watch to Krish.

"Every time you fail in your attempts, just come back to me. I stay in that home!" He said, pointing at an old bungalow nearby.

"But, why do you want to help me? Who are you?" Krish asked.

"Saving your girl is more important..... isn't it?" He stated.

"Yeah!" Krish decided to travel back in time with a solid plan. However, he wasn't willing to reveal about it to anyone as they might snatch it for their own motives.

Flashback: 6 months ago

College was reopened, and students were excited to meet new professors. Krish and Mughda, EEE students, were now promoted to the third year.

Abhay was a new joinee transferred from another college under the affluence of this college. Neil belonged to the same department as Abhay, civil engineering.

Krish, the boy in love with Mugdha for the last two years, wondered about confessing his feelings.

It was  Power electronics class. The professor asked any four students to give a demo on whatever he taught so far in the next class. Mugdha, Krish, and two other students were asked to take that responsibility by the rest of the classmates.

PE was Mugdha's favorite subject. The only times Krish had got to interact with her were these demos and debate sessions.

Luckily to date, he and she were on the same team during debates. And during demos, it was more like listening to the demo and then asking relevant questions on that topic.

This time too, both gave demos on two different topics. However, Mugdha failed to answer a question he raised. He regretted doing extra research on that topic just to interact with her. He thought she would anyway answer like always.

Krish stole the day with his command on topics, though he was more interested in MatLab and electronics.

He dropped his plans to ask her for a date the evening. He thought it would create a wrong impression.

"What books do you prefer? Your points are extraordinary!" Mugdha asked him the evening while they were returning. As Krish  always parked his bicycle next to hers, they often got to face each other.

"The two books suggested by professor and some articles on Google. I will share you them on WhatsApp." He again regretted not prolonging the conversation. This was how it had been since the last two years. He couldn't just look into her eyes and speak. He would blush like an idiot and that was awkward.

Soon elections for secretaries for sports, arts, literature, cultural club, mess, technical, event management began.

Mugdha was very much fond of books and always wanted a better leader for the literature section in college. She decided to participate in electronics for the same.