Chapter 21

"playoffs"

Andrew's POV

Andrew's POV

"You know all this working doesn't mean anything if you can't hit the shot," Nathan told Lucas as he grabbed the rebound.

We had come to the river court to try and practice before the game. Well, correction they wanted to come to the court, I on the other hand wanted to sleep in but that, unfortunately, didn't happen.

"What's wrong with you?" Luke asked him as he stretched his arms back.

"I'm just saying. It's a waste of my time to get you ready for this game if you can't score when we need it." Nate spoke again before Lucas told him to pass the ball after he did that Luke shot it and it went in.

"Now... you gonna tell me what's really wrong?" Lucas asked him as I got the ball and got in position to shoot.

"I guess uh," he sighed before starting again. "I guess I'm just dealing with Haley." Nate responded as I shot the ball, obviously going in.

"She's still not talking to you, huh?" Lucas question as he passed me the ball back.

"No." Nate replied as I shot the ball again making me hear the satisfying sound of it going in before I turned to the two brothers.

"You guys really woke me up for this," I said as I signaled the basket. "I could've been getting a good night's rest."

"I think you got enough," Lucas responded.

"Yeah, but I could've been getting more but nope I'm stuck here with you two losers and girl problems," I said.

The brothers looked at each other before saying in sync. "Girl problems?"

"What, I didn't say that," I told them as they just looked at me. "Okay, let's go. Enough with this topic."

~

I was walking to my room before hearing my dad on the phone in his room. I stopped my movement and got closed near the entrance of his room as he was too busy focusing on the conversation on his phone. "Look the next time I go up there we can do whatever you want." he spoke with a smile on his face. "Yes, we can go to that jewelry store, you've been talking about. Oh, you gotta go?" he asked the person on the other side of the phone. "Ok bye, love you." My eyes widened at what I just heard. I heard footsteps get closer to where I was at and I quietly dashed to my room. My mind is all over the place right now. Did my dad meet someone? I know I only heard a snippet of his conversation, but who would he be taking to the jewelry store and saying I love you to. I mean I'm happy for the man well maybe a little less than my mom. Who am I kidding I'm happier for my mom to find someone that she can actually trust at least by the way she talks about him. I know it's not healthy to hold a grudge, but when you see your mom break down after finding out her husband has been having an affair for years it's hard to let that go.