1 | to fly

Napar didn't know when she started visiting the great big area that rested atop the classroom building, or why she even went up there.

But what she did know was that that roof was her safe spot, her haven.

Sometimes, she would climb the somewhat hidden ladder near the staff room to the great big sunlit area to clear her head. Sometimes to stare at the big fluffy clouds. Sometimes to cry in solitude.

Many different reasons, but all at the same place.

She would stare at the sky, tracing outline of the clouds with her fingers, drawing a mental art piece in her head, but sooner of later her head would tilt down, watching the students below bustling around as their recess time was slowly eaten up.

Sometimes the thought would come, fleetingly, but still presenting itself nonetheless.

Wouldn't it be great to fly?

Napar had thought about it a countless times. It would be amazing, thrilling... fun, even.

But something always stopped her. She didn't know what, she didn't understand why. But along with what stopped her, always came a rush of peace. Of unexplainable comfort, calmness.

She'd never flown before, though there'd been times she'd wanted to, and sometimes she wondered if she would ever actually do it.

And one day, she finally saw someone who was willing to try.