I follow him around for a few minutes. Not even the stairs annoy me like they used to. I am a shaking mess right now. I am unable to think straight. In fact, I'm on the edge of collapsing. I don't want to die. I don't deserve to die!

"Hey, you okay?" Number 29 turns around and eyes me up. "Ya don't look so good."
Seriously, d!ckhead? What's up with that inane question?
"Oh yeah? Well, maybe I don't want to kick the bucket."
He laughed. "Ya kidding me? What are ya even talking about, huh?"

I snort contemptuously and point right at my heart. "Make it quick and painless please."

He scratches his head in confusion and pulls me back on my feet. Then he gives me a little pat on the back of my head.
"Woah cmon that's not my intention, ya know? I was just gonna show ya something interesting. I'm sure ya will like it."

No matter what he will do to me, I have no other option. I nod slowly and proceed to follow him down the stairs. It's getting darker and darker and soon we are standing in front of a big door. I look at him nervously.
Before I could ask him about what's going to happen next, he opens the door.

The door creaks. We are greeted by another masked member. Without further ado, he scans our masks.
"29 and 30. Welcome." He lets us enter the cold room.

I freeze. What the actual f!ck is going on in here?! My gaze wanders over to the blood-smeared table and to the coffins that are lying on the floor. In the middle of the room there's... one of the players?
"Excuse me but... what is he doing here?"
"Well, he's just helping us out. We need a doctor on our side if we really wanna get that money."
I stand there - completely dumbfounded.
"The money? What are y'all talking about?"

One of the masked members turns around to number 29.
"Hey you. Why didn't you first explain to them what we're doing here?"
"Dunno." Number 29 leans back. "Just didn't feel like it."
The other masked one bangs his head against the wall. "Goddamn!t you're such an idiot."

"Hey now calm down all of you! I've gotta finish my work now." The doctor gets really worked up.
"Yeah alright. So... we're trading organs as you can probably already tell. We earn a lot of extra money with that, you know? That idiot over there had to convince another masked one to join us."
"And so he chose me?!"
"Yeah, I guess."
"Isn't trading organs like... illegal or something?"
The men laugh. "Yeah dum!ass. Isn't that kinda obvious? Why would we do that in secret if it was legal?"

"Well, I don't wanna join." They laugh again.
"Oh, little one, what makes you even think you have a choice in the first place? We need you on the front line, you're smaller and agiler than us."
"Don't even think of getting outta here that easily. After hearing everything we've planned, you're either one of us or dead. Got that?"
"Oh and I can tell ya like to choose for yourself? Well then, go ahead and choose. Life or death?"

These basta!ds know exactly that I have no option but to surrender. I don't want to die! I want to survive at any price.
"Fine. I'm in."
"Thought so."

I'm watching them taking out organ by organ and placing them in a bag of water. My urge to throw up is getting stronger and stronger. F!ck.

"I-I will be going now. My shift starts soon."
Surprisingly, they agree. "Yeah alright, we don't want the frontman to find out about you missing every now and then. You can go for now."

I breathe a sigh of relief and make my way upstairs. That weird meeting might've been even more traumatizing than Green Light Red Light. I really have to keep my sanity, those things can't be healthy for my young mind. I wish I could take a day off or simply leave the island.

●▲■●▲■●▲■●▲■●▲■●▲■

Time skip until the players meet again (after they chose to leave the game)

●▲■●▲■●▲■●▲■●▲■●▲■

I can't believe they would be so d!mn stupid and join the next round of squid game. They saw other people dying on that battlefield a few days ago. They saw it all. The cruelty. The inhumanity.

But again, they don't really have a choice. And anyway, who am I to judge? I've already killed one of the players when they tried to escape. I've blood on my hands. Thick, red blood. I came back as well - no regrets.

I get up and look at myself in the mirror. My dark eyebags make me look like a corpse. Luckily I've got to wear a mask anyway so it doesn't really matter how I look.

My room isn't very tidy but that's just on me being as messy as always. Without taking another look at the mirror, I prepare myself for the next day. They will be checking our attendance in only a few minutes.