Chapter 1

Ages: 

Dick Grayson- 23

Jason Todd- 21

Tim Drake- 18

Damian Wayne- 13

~~~~~~~

Dick Grayson was the last one to change out of his gear. He walked over to his brothers; Jason Todd and Tim Drake who were examining a glowing yellow rock that they picked up from their mission.

Tim typed quickly on the bat computer researching all the different possibilities of what the item could be.

"Any luck Tim?" Dick asked, looking up at the screen.

"Nope" he said with a pop

"Just give it to the big man in blue and we'll be done with it. That shit gives me the creeps" Jason shivered a bit.

"Language" both the boys said in unison

Jason was about to quip back, but the sound of his younger brother cut him off

"This is absolutely ridiculous!"

"Damien get back here this instant!"

The three boys turned around to see Damien and their mother, Y/N storm into the bat cave.

Dick walked up to his little brother with his hands raised "Woah Woah hold on. What seems to be the problem."

Without looking at his older brother, Damian turned around and pointed at his stepmother "she is grounding me. I cannot go on patrol for the next week."

"Because you went on patrol without telling your father and me, Damien." Y/N retorted

"Tsk. I don't need to. I'm more than capable of handling myself." Damien walked past Dick and near the console

Y/N sighed "Damian, you are my son first and foremost." you placed her hand on your heart "when all of you go out I'm worried sick. The last thing I want is for Any of you to not come home."

Jason frowned looking at his mother who was clearly fighting tears. He, more than anyone, understood what she meant. Dick walked next to her and wrapped an arm around her in a comforting way.

Damian noticed the glowing rock on the table and sucked his teeth. because of her he probably missed a great mission. Maybe with the league.
He picked up the rock to examine it then faced her. "Well, you're not my mother."

Y/N let out a small gasp. The boy's eyes widened at Damien's words.

Dick felt Y/N body shake

"Yo pip-squeak! That's not how you speak to our mother" Jason said, he raised his hand ready to wack Damian but Y/N raised her hand to stop her second eldest and took a deep breath.

"You're right. I am not your mother. But you are your fathers son. Who is currently living in the Wayne household. I am the lady of this house and you will listen to my words Damien Wayne." you said firmly.

Tim noticed the Rock starting to glow in Damien's hand. He tried to take it away only for Damien to stomp towards Y/N

"Well I wish you weren't a Wayne!"

Jason was ready to drop-kick the boy but the rock began glowing brightly.

Damian felt the item shake and crack, he dropped it making it roll to the ground.

Dick held onto Y/N protectively as they walked back from the stone while Jason snatched Damian from the back of his shirt and tossed him under the table with Tim.

The rock finally exploded. The last thing everyone saw was a bright yellow light.

Followed by Y/N's scream.