Chapter 5

A/N: 3.8 k words.

Please enjoy! Honestly, I'm feeling some time of way with how i ended this chapter ;-;

Day 3

Bruce's eyes fluttered open. He looked up at the ceiling feeling oddly relaxed. He suddenly felt movement to his right. Bruce did realize that he had company. To his surprise, it was Y/N stirring awake.

"Mmm Good morning handsome~" You say softly.

"Hello, beautiful" amongst his confusion his words rolled off his tongue so naturally.

Y/N pressed her body against his and let out a sigh "Today's the day. You excited?"

Bruce's brows furrowed. You sat up with your arm supporting you "Don't tell me you forgot about the game today"

He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you in "of course not. I just want to stay like this a bit longer."

the door burst open "C'mon guys, Alfred said breakfast is ready."

Dick happily jumped on the bed and snuggled in between the two adults.

You giggle "yes honey. We're on our way."

~~~

Bruce opened his eyes again and quickly looked to his right. He frowned to see the empty space beside him. He got up and did the usual. Shower, brush his teeth, then his hair, and finally pick out his clothes. Bruce decided to go with a simple white dress shirt and some jeans before making his way towards the kitchen.

Upon arriving he saw his eldest son with toast in his mouth whilst on the phone.

"Yea? Mhmm. Alright"

Dick gave Bruce a slight nod before leaving the room. Odd, he was more social yesterday.

Jason bumped into Dick at the door causing him to drop his toast. He floundered around before catching the bread.

"Woah, Jason? What are you doing here? I mean. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing you but I didn't expect you to be here. Let alone sleepover."

Bruce raised an eyebrow while Jason scratched the back of his head "what are you talking about? Of course, I'm going to be here. Mom is coming over today, remember?"

"Mom?"

Dick looked at Jason bewildered, then back at Bruce "Conner, I'll call you back." He hung up the phone and crossed his arms. "Ok, who are you talking about?"

Now Jason looked at his brother stunned "Y/N, remember we're trying to set her up with Bruce. To get our lives back."

Dick smirked while looking back at his old man "Well I'll be. Bruce has a date!" He nudged Jason's side "and you're already calling her mom. I'll have to meet her sometime."

"What the hell man. If this is some kind of joke it's not funny." Jason snapped

Dick raised his hand and walked back a bit "hey hey I'm not trying to be funny."

His phone buzzed. He looked at the caller Id and smiled. "Good luck with your date Bruce. I gotta go." Dick turned around and answered the phone. Promptly walking out of the manor.

Jason quickly turned to Bruce "what the hell happened"

"I'm not sure. But it seems like he's recovered from the fever." Bruce said, just as confused.

Jason scratched his head in frustration. "How can he forget about Y/N like that?!"

Footsteps that were clearly Tim's began growing louder. He walked in with eyes wide in horror "The headache, the fever, that stone is trying to adjust to this reality."

"And how do you know that?" Jason asked crossing his arms

"It's happening to me"