The Job Interview

Thursday, November 15th, 2012, 1:15 PM

Albert rushed across the apartment for the seventh time in the last ten minutes. This time it was his wallet he'd forgotten in his bedroom. Wishing to not have to run back and forth any more, he stayed in the room, looking around for any other thing he might have needed to bring. Deciding there was nothing, he hurriedly led his steps back out. He stopped to look in the hall mirror and fix some last minute things. If he wanted to get this job, he'd have to look presentable, but not too over the top. He'd never put this much thought into an outfit, or really anything to be honest. But he desperately needed to start earning his own money. Living off what money Specs, Romeo, Mike and Ike made wasn't working, for any of them. He straightened the jacket he'd borrowed from Specs, and placed a loose strand of hair behind his ear. Presentable.

"Ike!"

He grabbed hold of Ike as soon as he walked out of the bathroom.

"How does this look?"

"Like a divorced substitute teacher." Ike walked on into the living room after having earned himself an angry middle finger from Albert.

Albert sighed irritably before running into Specs and Romeo's room. Just as he'd thought, Specs was on the bed, reading a book; probably Harry Potter again.

"Ya think I'll get the job like this?" he asked, gesturing at the outfit.

Specs looked him up and down. An amused smirk appeared on his face.

"How many products didja put in yer hair?"

"Fuck you, man."

"Wait, wait, wait," Specs stopped Albert before he could storm out in an annoyed fashion. "D'ya really think ya need all a' this? Ain't you interviewin' for some cocktail lounge?"

"Holiday Cocktail Lounge, yeah," Albert nodded.

"Just sayin', is that really this..." Specs made some weird gestures towards Albert's outfit while looking for words. "fancy, an' un-Albert?"

"Shut up, this is just what all people wear ta job interviews," Albert said, a second later quickly exiting before Specs could stop him.

He stopped in the mirror again for one last inspection of himself before he left. Presentable. Not too over the top.

"I'm off now!" he shotued, hoping everyone in the apartment could hear him. Then he went out the door.

1:45 PM

With his hands confidently placed in his pockets, Albert hopped off the bus, hoping he left the impression of a man off to do important things to everyone left on it. What he was doing was actually important. A person's first real job interview wasn't something to take lightly. At least so he'd been told by a few of his friends. Mostly Davey.

He made sure to walk with a straight back, his head held high, and big steps. If it made him feel big and important, it would work.

This street was one he'd been on before, but not many enough times to recognize everything he saw. All he needed to know was where to turn, and what building to enter, and he did know that. He walked past an Asian restaurant, a vegan one as well, a nail salon, and finally, at the corner of the street, a cellphone store. Rounding the corner in question, he spotted the entry to Holiday Cocktail Lounge. A red brick building, with a black roof, and black windows. The door looked more like a garage door cut in half than anything else, but the sign above it saved its appearance.

Albert crossed the street, and sped up his steps the last distance to the bar. He pushed the door open, and entered into a room with a cozy atmosphere. Not many people were there, which was understandable, seeing as it wasn't even 2 PM on a Thursday. Because of the openness of the unfilled bar, the woman behind the bar quickly spotted Albert.