Cat Fight

Friday, November 30th, 2012, 1:15 PM

The atmosphere around the lunch table was tense. As had it been for the last few days. It was of course because of another argument, and the argument had of course been about the same thing as all the other times.

JoJo didn't understand why Buttons and Henry were so against getting a cat. They both liked them, so what was the problem? JoJo had been told why several times during these arguments, but if they were being honest, they didn't think the guys' reasons were that logical. Plus, Elmer didn't see any problem with getting a cat, so they were tied.

Buttons kept saying that they didn't have the time to take care of a cat. It was obvious he'd never actually had one. A moment rarely passed where not one of the residents of the apartment weren't home. If such a moment did happen, it would only last for a few hours. Cats could survive days alone. Where was the problem?

Henry also kept insisting that they couldn't afford one. Once again, an illogical argument. They'd only need some cat things, and an occasional refillment of litter or food. Then of course, the cat itself too. Henry seemed to think that all cats costed tons of money, no matter how much JoJo told him that they knew someone who once bought a perfectly good cat for five dollars. It was like the others weren't even trying to make good arguments for why JoJo shouldn't get them a cat right damn now.

"I'm done," JoJo said quickly.

They got up from the table and took their dishes to the pile on the sink. It was starting to grow too big. Someone would have to do the dishes soon. It wouldn't be JoJo. They did the dishes way too much. They should've had a dishes chore chart or something.

"Jo?" Buttons said.

"What?" JoJo answered irritably, not looking away from the pile of dishes they were trying to make more steady.

"We kinda need a new paper towel holder," Buttons said, unnecessarily slowly.

"So?"

"You said you were headin' to the corner store afta' lunch... D'ya think you could head ta furniture store too?"

"Is this really a that urgent problem?" JoJo turned around, leaning back on the kitchen counter.

"I mean..." Buttons looked behind himself, at their very broken paper towel holder.

"Since you're headin' out, can'tcha just get it?" Henry joined the conversation.

JoJo just frowned. It was only slightly annoying how they shut JoJo's idea down so quickly, and only a minute later asked for services. What was even more annoying is how right they were about the paper towel holder. JoJo went back to the table, and demonstrated their anger through the way they picked up their keys from the table.

"Fine."

"Thanks," Buttons tensely said, pinching his lips.

JoJo took their cue to storm out of the apartment. They shouldn't be this angry about such a silly topic. Just getting a cat? Why were they so upset about it? Obviously, cats meant a lot to them, but this much? So much that they couldn't even take a rejection to the request of getting a cat?

Now you're just acting rude, JoJo. But then again, you've gotten no logical explanation about why you can't get a cat. You've got a right to be mad. Yeah. That's it.

They pushed the doors to the apartment building open, and angrily started walking towards the furniture store a ten minute walk away. Off to get a damn paper towel holder, when they could have been on their way to getting a cat. All because of Buttons, Henry and Elmer.