Die Again: Part 2

⚠️ warning: talk of suicide and death⚠️

Y/N's POV

"What the fuck did you just say?!" I yell at Billie as she walks away. Her absurd statement is making my head spin, what the fuck did she mean by that??

She stops and looks over her shoulder at me.

"Just leave it alone Y/N, I'm sorry I dragged you into this." She says sadly and continues to walk away.

"No, you don't get to walk away from me! You have to die again?? What the hell do you mean by that?" I run to catch up to her and grab her arm.

I can see her tense up and I can tell she's contemplating whether to push my hand off or not but she just leaves it there. She stops walking and turns around to face me. I walk closer to her and we're face to face now.

"Billie, please, help me understand." I plead with her.

"I'm sorry Y/N." She starts to cry and I lift my hand up to wipe the tears off her cheeks. "I have to go, I'm sorry."

"No, you don't" I try to argue.

"Yes I do, please let go of me Y/N." She tries to shake me off but I refuse.

We just stand and stare at each other for a couple of minutes both trying to figure out our next move, before I finally speak up and break the silence.

"Let me go with you."

Billies eyes widen in shock at my words and she stumbles back.

"No, no you can't do that Y/N, it's physically impossible and I would never forgive myself even if it did happen." Billie tries to plead with me but I still won't budge. "Y/N please, I have to go. Just go back home."

I ignore her and grab her hand, walking with her towards the creepy abandoned water park.

I have no clue what I'm doing, but I want to make sure Billie is okay.

"Fine, I'll show you." She says reluctantly and we walk hand in hand inside the park.

She guides me to an empty locker room, and I'm immediately taken back by how creepy and dark this place is.

Billie drops my hand and stares at the floor in front of us. It's like a big shower with no curtain and there's a small drain in the floor.

"This is it." She says sadly and looks up at me with teary eyes. "This is where I died"

Ummm what?

"You-you died here?" I stumble over my words and she nods her head. "What do you mean, you died here? You're alive right in front of me."

"Well, for now. I sort of... came back to life." She says with a nervous chuckle.

"What-like Jesus?" I ask and she laughs.

"Um, not quite, every year, around this time, I wake up from being dead and I get to live my life, or what I had of it for a very short amount of time and then at the end of the night, I have to come back here and.. go back to being dead." She explains as if this was the most obvious thing in the world.

What kind of supernatural fuckery...

"I know, this is a lot to take in. I don't expect you to understand but I have about 30 minutes left before I have to go." She says sadly, and I lean in to give her a big, much needed hug.

We start to sob in each other's arms and I'm not sure what's going on, but I don't want to lose this girl.

When we pull away, she kisses my forehead which makes me blush. In turn, she smiles and I think it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

"Do you mind me asking how exactly you died?" I ask softly as I move some hair out of her face, and behind her ear. More tears stream down her face but she just barely nods.

"I killed my self here. I've dealt with depression my whole life, but when people found out I was gay, I was abused. By everyone I knew. And I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't take the judgement, the hate, my mental health had become a fucking joke." She says with a harsh tone to her voice, expressing just how hurt all of that made her feel. "So I ended it, right here in this locker room. Drug overdose from Fentanyl. We always used to come to this water park when I was a kid. It was my happy place. I snuck in here after hours, and I wanted to at least spend my last hours in my favorite place."

I'm now sobbing so hard, I can barely contain myself. She holds me tighter and rubs my back in small circles. I just met this girl and she's already broken my heart. But I'm so glad, she got to spend some of her last moments this year with me.

Billie abruptly pulls away from me and leans in to kiss me. I can taste the saltiness from our tears on our lips.

"Baby, it's time." I blush at the nickname she gives me, but I know what she means.

It's time for her to go.

"What's going to happen now?" I ask with a shaky voice.

She starts to sit down on the floor. Gross, but I'll sit with her.

"I have to lay down in the place they found my body, and at exactly 11:00 pm, I will die again." She holds me in her arms once more and whispers in my ear. "But I'll be back next year, and I'll be expecting to see you on that soccer field just like earlier today, okay?"

"Okay, I'll be waiting for you. I'll miss you so much." I manage to say through my tears.

"I know baby, I know, I'll miss you too. I'll see you again." She kisses me one last time and then lays herself down on the floor. I lay down next to her.

"Thank you so much for being here today Y/N."

"Always, Billie."

It goes quiet. I look at my watch.
10:59 pm.

Billie speaks up and scares the shit out of me.

"Y/N, you don't have to stay."

"I'm not leaving you." I say softly and gently hold her hand in mine. I hope it made her smile one last time.

All of a sudden, her hand goes limp. The room feels extremely cold.

I know what's happened, but I can't bring myself to check. I just whisper out into the darkness.

"I love you Billie. I'll see you next year."

A/N: Oh my god, I'm so sorry for this! This was depressing as fuck!

This actually all came to me in an extremely bizarre dream I had one night. And I knew I needed to finish this one.

I hope I made somebody cry, because I almost cried writing this.

Please vote and comment what you thought of the chapter!

Love you for reading! 💗