Chapter 2

The next few days went by as per usual. I went to work, so did Dezia. I would do coffee runs and fix files for Mr. Takagi while Dezia improved her clothing line, which helped me in a way.

It was now Christmas Eve and I was doing last minute shopping, which I did every year, seeming as I was always too busy to do so earlier.

I made my way to the mall and bit the inside of my cheek, looking around for a gift for Holly, one of my close friends who I've been working with for the past 2 years. Her and her, now ex, husband would come around every so often, visiting Dezia and I while we had drinks beside the pool, of Dezias house of course.

"Excuse me, Ma'am. You dropped this!" A little girl shouted as she ran towards me, holding a black and gold wallet and I turned around. Smiling down at her as she panted, holding it out for me.

"Why thank you, Ms." I said softly as I bent down and she handed it to me with a wide grin, the girl looking quite familiar to me before looking up at her mother, which, funnily enough, was Holly.

"Hira!" Holly beamed as she brought me into a tight hug and I hesitantly hugged her back before pulling away, her hands on my shoulders. "Hows everything since the last time I say you?" She asked softly.

"Holly.. it hasn't even been 24 hours since I last seen you." I said with a chuckle before she pushed my shoulder softly.

"Still doesnt answer my question, idiot." She giggled and I rolled my eyes playfully, hooking my arm around hers after she gestured for me to take it.

I bite the inside of my cheek, knowing this morning was quite hectic, but I brushed it off as I walked with her towards an ice cream parlour, probably her destination in which she was originally going before she seen me.

"I've been doing well actually." I chuckled before Holly's daughter, Lucy, made grabby hands towards her, resulting in me letting go of Holly's arm and standing up straight, composing myself slightly as I looked at her with her beautiful daughter.

"That's good, love." Holly beamed as she picked Holly up, hugging her tightly as we all walked into ice cream parlour.

After around 2 hours of talking and eating our icecream slowly, Holly decided she wanted to finish the rest of her day off calmly and I decided that I needed to visit Dezia, when in reality. I just needed to find a gift for Holly.

"Love ya, Hira!" Holly smiled, kissing my cheek before I repeated her words, only adding her name instead of hers as we bid eachother our goodbyes, leaving our seperate ways.

I made my way towards the small, but expensive jewelry store and sighed outs the shimmering of the necklaces and rings hurting my eyes as I walked inside.

I took a quick look around before a worker approached me with a small smile. "Morning, Ma'am. Are you looking for anything in particular?" She asked softly and I pursed my lips in thought, not really knowing what to get for Holly.

"Uhm, not really. I just need something for one of my close friends." I replied to which she nodded and showed me around the store.

After a bit of time had passed I had made my final decision to get Holly a Stirling silver necklace with a diamond and rose gold butterfly pendant with matching earrings.

"You have a great rest of your day now." The employee said with a smile and I muttered a quick "Thank you" before making my way back out.

"Dress time..." I whispered to myself, needing a dress for tonight's work gathering, something Takagi did almost every year on Christmas Eve.

Ever since I've worked at Nakatomi Corperation theres been a large gathering every year on Christmas Eve, each one bigger than the last, and of course, each one goes out with a bang.