New Chapter, New Me

LAINE POV

I was looking forward to getting help from Sophie and Alyssa, but I didn't think that just solving the problem would give me enough peace. I would always be the abused and unloved girl. I wanted to change myself.

"Hey, Jenna?" I walked into her bedroom where I found her doing homework.

"Hey, Laine. What's up?" Jenna looked up from her computer and looked at me.

"I was wondering if you could drive me to the mall sometime?" I asked.

"Sure! Why though?"

"Even if I get this problem sorted out, I still don't think that I'll be at peace. I'll always be that abused and unloved girl." I admitted, sitting down on her bed.

"Ok, first off, you are 100% loved by me and all of your friends. Second, I understand if you don't want to constantly be reminded of your past life, but changing yourself and running away from it won't make it go away." Jenna sat down next to me and continued, "But if you want to change, we can go to the mall now."

I smiled. "Ok."

"Okay, let's go!"

When we got to the mall, the first thing that I wanted to do was get my hair dyed.

Jenna and I got the the salon and when I came out, my hair looked like this:

"Your hair looks so cute!" Jenna fan-girled over my hair as I giggled slightly

I could already feel the new me coming out. 

We shopped for a bit longer before heading back home. 

When we got home, I walked inside and Jenna behind me. She closed the door and we started heading to the bedroom. But we hadn't made it 10 steps before the door flew open. We spun around, thinking that my uncle had made a surprise visit, but we were wrong. We were instead greeted by,

"I HAVE ARRIVED!" Sophie strutted into the room, followed by Alyssa who closed the door and begged to Sophie,

"Calm down, Sophie! There are other people here!"

"I DO NOT CARE! I AM HERE TO SOLVE A PROBLEM!" Sophie joked, still in her high energy voice. She came towards me a reached out her hand and gently grabbed a bit of my hair. "Oh, and I LOVE your new hair!"

Y'all, I know that I promised longer chapters, and I will deliver, but right now, the story is going a bit slow.