chapter one (june third)

a/n: this is a sequel to 'It Started with a Raid War' if you haven't read it then i highly suggest you read it first!!

also i'm sorry for everything in advance...

okay now time for the show.. enjoy!

I stretch a little as I wake up. I flip over to see Alex, my fiance, on the other side of the bed.

I remember a time when I would have to carefully lift his arm to get out of bed each morning. Now I can get out of bed whenever I want since he sleeps as far away as possible.

I rub my eyes as I walk out the door to get some coffee in my system. I trip over a pair of his shoes laying in the middle of the floor. "Fucking.." I whisper as I move them out of the way.

I press start on the coffee maker. I search the cabinets for a mug, but can't find it anywhere.

Did he really use up all the mugs?

I roll my eyes. I open the dishwasher. We made a deal to start the dishwasher whenever it's full, so we can have clean dishes before we run out of utensils..

Except for the fact that the dishes are full and all dirty.

I hand wash two mugs for each of us.

I don't pour his coffee that I made, so it stays in the pot to stay warm.

He doesn't wake up for half an hour.

He drinks the coffee as he sits next to me on the bar stools in the kitchen. I'm editing a video I filmed yesterday.

After we're both sitting there for a while, I get up to go get ready for the day. I put my cup in the dishwasher and press start.

"Hey, next time can you remember to start the dishwasher whenever it's full?" I ask before going to take my shower.

"Mhm, sure," he mumbles, distracted by something on his phone.

I sigh as I walk into the bathroom.

Lately, we've just been arguing a lot more. We've been together for two years now, and we're planning to get married in June.

June third. One of the only two things we've actually planned for the wedding. We've been engaged for almost five months and all we have is the date and venue. No guestlist. No food. Nothing.

What we do have is arguments. We argue like an old married couple, without the married or the old part.

I've been trying to work on my temper, but sometimes it's too hard when he puts in no effort. I mean how hard is it to press start on a dishwasher? Or to pick up your shoes? Or at least show me that you still have feelings for me?

Apparently, it's pretty hard.

Later that night, I hop on call with Dream before starting my stream.

"Hey," he says as he answers, "what's up?"

"Nothing really," I shrug even though he can't see me, "I'm streaming in like an hour if you want to join."

"Yeah sounds fun," he agrees. Dream is one of my best guy friends. I feel like he's someone that I can count on to always be there for me.

He helped me through a rough time a couple years ago when Alex and I first got together.

Alex and I were really good friends for a while. Best friends. But then I had gotten close to one of our other friends, Sapnap.

Sapnap liked me more than just a friend, and it started a lot of drama between the three of us, which was my fault. And I'm very much aware of that.