Once together, now it's all in the past

Xiao's POV:

I was probably still worried about what will happen to me as I went into deep thoughts. It seems as if everything went by so quickly. I probably looked like a walking dead. Confused and half awake. The bright sunlight from the vast horizon wasn't helping. Shining bright the Liyue port. It was already the afternoon and people kept coming and going for the festival. People from different nation and ethnicity filled the whole city like a diverse country full of rich colors. The sea was of a bright orange colors and boats were sailing far away but still visible from afar. I couldn't describe the feeling I was having. I still don't understand human emotions but I can feel them as warm as the sunshine burning my face. Should I feel remorse or joyous? I would feel this sense of guilt for causing trouble to Liyue and to Morax, but I don't feel any guilt. I used to feel very guilty and felt as if I wasn't doing my job correctly and that I was incompetent.

I kept rethinking the reason why I don't feel so remorseful and guilty about my actions that I didn't realize where I was going until someone grabbed my hand and pulling out off the street to a dark corner with little sunlight. It was Venti.

Venti's POV:

As I went buying two sets of sugar coated haws for both of us, I saw Xiao standing and walking unsteadily as if he had half of his soul with him looking in front of him with little gleam of light in his eyes. I was about to shout his name but the sugar coated haws were ready.

"Xi-"
"Two sugar coated haws ready! Here ya go mister, hope you come back next time!"
"Oh, thanks I'll definitely come back next time!"
"Have a nice afternoon then, sir!"

I quickly went and grabbed Xiao's hand to a small dark corner as soon I took the sugar coated haws. A very dim light was lightening our faces from the dark obscure shadow of a tall building.

"Xiao? Are you ok?"

He was startled by the sudden grab and seemed like he just woke up from a bad dream. He realized we were out of the street, away from the moving crowd that could pushed Xiao on the floor.

"You've might bumped into someone if I wasn't here to help you."
"Sorry, I was not paying attention. I'm a bit tired."

I looked Xiao straight in his eyes waiting for some more explanation. He didn't say anything and avoided my gaze.

*sigh* I just wish he could tell me what's on his mind. He seemed very gloomy since we left the terrace. And here I thought we could have some fun during the festival and relax as we forget about today's event.

"*sigh* come, let's go somewhere quieter."

I took his hand once again and dragged him away from the festive crowd. I looked at him and saw his face surprised by the sudden action and he was probably asking where we are going. We walked fast by the port seeing the bright orange see reflecting the last bit of sunlight as the beautiful warm afternoon is coming to its end. The time we passed together was short and I needed a place with just the both of us. I feel he has too much on his mind and needs some fresh air.
______________________________________________________

The time we got out of Liyue harbor, it was already night time and just a few hours before the lantern release. The sky was as clear as glass and was splattered by stars shining dimly the grass. We went further up to a small hill cliff where we could see Liyue at full view. The grass under our feet seemed softer and kept glistening by the little light it was scattered on. I invited Xiao to sit down with me as we watch the night sky, remembering the day Xiao visisted me and watched the same starry sky in Mondsadt.

"Liyue's sky seems more breathtaking than Mondsadt."

I mumbled to myself as I glanced at Xiao with the corner of my eye just to check up on him. He still seems half-awake.