When is Grayson coming home?

I JUST WANT THE TAGS IN THESE FUCKING BOOKS TO STAY UGH

you know the drill kiddos, if it's your request drop your name - this was requested by no1importaant!!

TW: SUICIDAL THEMES

https://sossilenceofsuicide.org/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw38-DBhDpARIsADJ3kjn2gCMdx_ygHYr5QLZ2-e8R-x2vJeB3JUYGBJkUzP2E1XTPkHRmGMAaAnhkEALw_wcB

https://suicideprevention.ca/

https://www.inclusivetherapists.com/

It felt like forever since Damian saw his older brother. The last time he saw Dick was when they went out for ice cream together and spent the entire day doing whatever he wanted. It was the best day ever in his books. At the end of the day, Dick wrote him a cheque and told him never to tell anyone about it. He was told to cash it in when he wanted out of the Manor. Although he told him that the Manor was his home, Dick assured him that one day he might outgrow the place. He didn't quite understand it but he knew that many of the residents had since moved on so he didn't question it any further than his brother being kind to him. His brother always was kind to him with infinite patience. When they got back to Wayne Manor, Dick said he had to go work on a case and that he might not be back for a while.  

"Where are you going?" Dick smiled at the question and ran his fingers through the younger's hair. 

"That's top secret, Dami," he replied. He set his hand on the young teen's shoulder and knelt down. He had a serious look about him as he did. "I need you to listen to me for a moment." Damian nodded, confused but willing to go along with whatever was happening. "I love you a lot. I'm never going to stop loving you even when I'm gone. You don't need to say you love me back, I know it's hard for you. Please remember this, whatever happens, it's not your fault. It's not anyone's fault." 

"I understand Grayson." The acrobat smiled and pulled him in for a hug, squeezing him for a moment. 

"You're going to grow up into someone so wonderful, I just know it. You'll make me so proud."

Dick had gotten in the car after that and, after waving goodbye, he drove away. That was the last time they spoke. He waited by the door, kept his phone close and kept an eye out for the older but there was nothing. He understood that it could be an undercover mission but this felt like a little much. It'd been months and he hadn't had any updates. Worried, he decided to bring it up the next time they were all together.

"When's Grayson coming back? He's taking far too long," Damian complained. The dinner table went silent. You could hear a pin drop it was that silent. He glanced around in confusion. He'd only asked the question in passing. Why were they so shocked? From his side of things, it'd been radio silence for a while now. Had they heard differently?

"Damian, Dick died," Bruce said unsurely as though this was an obvious fact and he didn't understand why he'd thought any different. The younger furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head. Oh, this must've been a secret mission hence why nobody was talking about it. 

"No, he didn't. He went on a mission and said he wouldn't be back for a while. I would know if he died."

"Don't you remember? He was fighting Riddler? We found the journal. You hid in your room for weeks," Jason offered, hoping it would jog his memory. When it didn't, the family glanced at each other with concern. Bruce put a hand on his son's shoulder and looked at him rather seriously.