New Home

"Rosario + Vampire: A Goddess of a Different Sort" (What If?)

Chapter 3 "New Home"

Based upon characters created by Akihisa Ikeda.

Ah My Goddess created by Kosuke Fujishima.

Original idea and story written by Gamera68.

Rated T.

Genres: Fantasy / Romance / Slice-of-Life

Author's Note: Well, here's chapter 3. It picks up right after Moka tells Tsukune of her painful past. Any and all feedback is welcome and always appreciated. By the way, Moka sings in this chapter! Can you take a guess where the song comes from?

...

Tsukune held the goddess in his arms for quite awhile. He wanted more than anything to be sure that she was all cried out and desired to be there for her. The raven-haired, college freshman could never compare his life to hers after what she had just told him. Even though she appeared cheerful on the outside; the awful truth was that she had suffered much pain on the inside, and had been used by her instructor, Alucard.

"Hey, Moka?" he asked as she finally stood straight up and faced him with swollen eyes.

"Yes, Tsukune?" she said in-between sniffles.

"Here you go," he replied as he quickly reached into the front, left, pocket of his jeans and pulled out a clean handkerchief which he handed to her and had accepted it with a weak smile.

"Oh, thank you," she replied after she wiped her face. The goddess then averted his eyes for a moment as she firmly clutched the handkerchief with both of her hands.

"Don't mention it... and I'm sorry," he said as he bowed in front of her.

"There's no need for you to apologize, Tsukune. You asked me a valid question and I answered it honestly," she said as she placed both of her hands on his shoulders.

"I know that... but I shouldn't have pried..." he said just as she gave him a firm hug.

"You didn't know and if I am to be your girlfriend, then we should know everything about each other and always be honest, right?" she reasoned.

"Well, yeah... since you put it that way – you do have a good point," he said as they ended their brief embrace. Tsukune looked around at the temple and surrounding area. He was still stunned how it looked brand new as did the smaller house.

Well, smaller was a mild understatement. Compared to the Buddhist temple, the house was dwarfed by its massive size but was still larger than your average, Japanese home. It was most likely built back in the late 1950s, years after the great war.

"But – can you accept me for who I am? Do you still desire me as your girlfriend, even though you know that I'm a broken goddess? That I have sinned against the heavens and paid for my past mistakes?" Moka asked on the verge of tears, just as he stepped closer to her.

"Of course I can. I wished for you to be my girlfriend and for you to stay with me forever and that's what I want the most. You told me as much, right? Even though it was a spur-of-the-moment thing, that's what I wanted. You told me that wishes that only come from the heart are granted and I want you as my girlfriend, Moka... none of that other stuff matters to me because I accept you for who you are and will always be here for you," he offered with a warm smile.

"Thank you for that Tsukune – and if there's anything that you want to ask me, please do not hesitate," she answered as she grabbed his right hand as she lead him towards the house.