Prologue

"Get back here, you little brat!"

A scrawny kid wearing ragged and torn clothing sprinted across the street with his skinny legs and a bag of food in his possession, he dodge every obstacle in his way not losing any speed. A group of men chases him down.

He looks back to see them getting closer. Due to him not paying attention, he bumped into a random fruit stall knocking down everything to the floor.

Every passerby turns their head noticing the chaos happening.

He yelped "Ah!"

"Oi, you little shit. What are you doing?!" The owner of the stall shouted as he jogged in his direction. The group of men is coming closer and closer.

"ABABABA-" He pick up the fruits and started hurling them randomly.

"G-Get away!"

"Ow! Stop it!" They cover their heads and faces from the barrage of fruits.

"They are distracted. This is my chance!" The kid got up to only trip over the already scattered fruits.

The men stood up in unison and runs towards the scrawny kid until they tripped as well.

The kid uses his arms and pushes himself up. He pick up an apple and decided to throw it at them before he stopped. He stared at it before taking a bite and proceed to put it in the bag of food.

He ran away, he took a turn into an alleyway thinking there would be a shortcut around it but in the end, he ended up in a dead-end.

He was shocked and beyond there is no way out.

"Th...This is not good." His body is shaking vigorously, biting his nails.

"There you are, little brat!"

He jumped.

They are standing at the only way out, blocking the chance for him to escape. All hope is lost for the poor kid as he walks backward slowly.

"You are not running anywhere."

"Give it up!"

His back eventually hit the concrete wall. His eyes darted around, searching for the perfect place to escape.

He spotted one of the guy's legs are wide open. He thought to himself.

'I could fit into that... and run.'

"Just give us that bag of food, and we will let you leave unscathed."

"You are lying! I would never trust you!"

"Tch."

'Now!'

The kid dash in their direction. They were taken aback.

"AHHHHH!!"

He jumped forward and rolled through the gap between the man's leg, successfully escaping the sticky situation. He cheered in his heart. But the cheer was short-lived after a foot appears out of nowhere and stomped on his back.

"ARGH!" He dropped everything from his arms with his body pinned to the ground.

"Not so fast." A rough voice speaks.

The person holding him down is at least 6 foot tall, making the kid looks like a dwarf beside him.

The others praised the 6-foot guy as he looked back at the kid.

"What we do around here with thieves is we beat them up."

"And you just so happen to be a thief."