Chapter 1 - The Girl And The Boy

"Your name would be Kanao!"

Exclaimed someone from inside an estates in the middle of nowhere.

"Don't you think it's a good name, Shinobu?"

"You just replaced the last letter of your name, Onee-Chan." A girl named 'Shinobu' speaks inside the estate with a bit of puzzled expression on her face.

A woman having a long, straight black hair that is worn down with two shorter clumps over her shoulders sweatdropped at the thought.

"So you don't think it's good?" She said with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Of course not. I think it's a good name."

"Are you sure? It seems you just said that just for the sake of it." The woman replied and pouted.

"Of course not! I am sincere." She answered with a sigh. The said woman laughed at her response.

"Ahaha, I trust you~"

After the small talk ended, she looks back at 'Kanao'.

"So, Kanao, could you say something? You've been awfully quiet all this time."

---

These people... Why did they save me? And that boy too... Why are you so caring... to a worthless thing like me.

Her eyes are beautiful.

"We just saved her from those human traffickers, so it's not a surprised she's staying silent."

"Hmm, you're right."

"Also, she's smelling up this place, she have to take a bath." That woman with purple hair rolls up her sleeves and approached closer to me.

"Okay~ I'll be waiting." The woman besides me stood up and walk away.

"Let's go." She grabbed my hand and pull me out the door and walk me to somewhere. She walk inside a bathroom and set me down on a wooden chair.

She kneel and took of my clothes, I didn't react to what she's doing and could only stare at her. She threw it away and got up to find something.

My body shivers from the cold and I put my arms to my knee. She came back with something in her hands before sitting behind me.

I hear water splashing behind me and water suddenly splashed onto my head soaking me wet everywhere before I closed my eyes to not get water in my eyes.

"Close your eyes for a second, okay? It will sting if you don't." She warned. And I don't want to get sting so I closed my eyes shut. Seconds later, she rubbed my hair, body, arms and legs with soap. I keep my mouth and eyes shut. She stopped and soon after I was splashed again with water.

"There, you look significantly better now." She said and moves my long hair out of my eyes. I could only stare forward without saying anything.

---

"Onee-Chan! Nee-Chan!" Shinobu shouted.

"Onee-Chan, this child is hopeless!" She complains verbally with her hands in the air.

Kanae who is sitting on the engawa stops stroking her blade.

"She can't do anything without being told! That goes for meals as well!"

"She won't touch her food unless I tell her to eat! Even as her stomach growl and growl!" She continues.

"Ara Ara~" Kanae responds.

"What exactly are we going to do with her?"

Kanae put her blade and stand up. A second later, she slides infront of her little sister as she reassures her and tease her a little. A tic mark grew behind Shinobu's head.