vi. mombie dearest

(Sophia's dress for the party)

SALVATORE SCHOOL

A woman wearing a wedding dress walks through the halls.

In his office, Alaric spoke on the phone with Caroline, "I know what you're doing is important, Caroline. But how do I tell the girls that their mom isn't gonna be there for their 16th birthday? I can't exactly tell them what you're really involved in."

Caroline sighed, then changed the subject. "How about you? Did you find anything else about the knife?"

Alaric shook his head. "No. I-I am nowhere near cracking this case. I have a knife, I have a symbol, I have a place, sort of, but I don't know what any of it means, a-and I don't know what's connecting it, and I don't know what monster is coming next."

The woman walked into the office: Josette "Jo" Laughlin. She looked at the headmaster. "Ric?"

Alaric turned to face Josette. "I've got to call you back." He told Caroline before hanging up the phone.

Ric stared at the woman: the love of his life, the birth mother of his twins, and his fiancée whose brother killed her

Ric stared at the woman: the love of his life, the birth mother of his twins, and his fiancée whose brother killed her. Now, she was alive, in his office, wearing a blood-stained wedding dress.

"Dorian!" The headmaster called. Luckily, Dorian was just passing by.

When he heard his name, Mr. Williams instantly ran into Alaric's office to see him pointing a crossbow at Jo. "Are you okay? Whoa, whoa."

"Ric, if you could just put down the crossbow. My freak-out level is about 11 right now." Jo spoke, holding her hands up.

Dorian looked at the woman before turning to Alaric. "You know her?"

"I know who she's supposed to be." Alaric said.

"Who?"

"The love of my life." Alaric raised his crossbow again to shoot.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait."

"Hold up. Hold... hold up, Ric." Dorian stepped closer.

"Listen to Dorian." Jo said. "Are you Dorian?"