xi. we're gonna need a spotlight

A bell rang in the middle of the night, but it wasn't the school bell, it was Hope Mikaelson's barrier. She had spelled a barrier around the urn so that they can trap the next monster that came for it.

Without waking Sophia, Hope went downstairs to check on the urn when she spotted Dorian and Dr. Saltzman getting ready to see what monster was after them this time.

"Sounds like the trap worked."

They walked outside towards the old mill. "I know this is important, but you couldn't have put pants on first?"

Ric looked down at his pajamas. "Little early for snark, Hope."

"Any guesses on what famous monster from filmland we get to slay today?" Dorian asked.

Alaric chuckled. "With our luck, it'll be Cthulhu." The three came to an ubrupt stop upon seeing what was supposed to be the next monster: a white horse.

"False alarm. It's just a horse." Dorian said.

"Must've gotten out of the stables and wandered across the barrier spell." Alaric told the two.

"Except we don't have a white horse." The horse turned around and revealed itself to be a unicorn. It walked closer, causing Ric and Dorian to bring their weapons up.

 It walked closer, causing Ric and Dorian to bring their weapons up

Hope gasped. "Hey, wait, wait. Hold your fire."

"It's a monster, Hope. It's here to take the artifact." Dorian spoke.

"You're not seriously suggesting we kill a unicorn?"

"I'm suggesting we don't give it a pass because it's cute."

"Can't we just... leave it alone?" Hope looked back at the unicorn. "It's trapped, it's not going anywhere. It's harmless."

Alaric sighed. "Hope's right. As long as we keep it alive, other creatures won't be coming for the urn. So we just stay alert and let it be."

Dorian nodded. "All right, well, I'll be on alert back in bed."

A small, slug-like creature crawled from the unicorn's ear and onto Hope's shoe

A small, slug-like creature crawled from the unicorn's ear and onto Hope's shoe. She turned back and returned to the school with her teacher and headmaster.